I am marked a scammer on steamrep and backpack.tf can I still trade?

Legoman

I was scammed by a person who said he had a pending steam ban and I didn't know it was really just a scam. I lost my inventory. My account was then hijacked for about a couple months then I went to steam support about it. He used a discord account called Valve Investigator and I thought it was real. Long story short, while he had my account he tried or did scam a couple people and got my account steamrep and backpack.tf banned. I understand this is my fault. I was just wondering can I trade with other people and not get them banned? Or do I have to trade outside of backpack.tf?

I can't get an evidence to show that he scammed me, he blocked my on steam and discord. I can live with the fact that my account has the scammer stamp on it. I just wanted to try trading as a fun and friend making experience.

1 hour ago, Legoman said:

I just wanted to try trading as a fun and friend making experience.

lol tbqh fam there are alot of other things you can do instead if that's what you're really after in life. 

You can try appealing your ban on Steamrep and backpack.tf, but if you have no actual proof to back up your claims of being hijacked it's just a waste of time. Can't just say "oh it was someone else" and expect all to be forgiven.

27 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Can't just say "oh it was someone else" and expect all to be forgiven.

I do understand this I just want to make sure I don't get another person banned for trading with me

1 hour ago, Legoman said:

yeah I thought he was an actual valve employee and he told me he will contact me when I can get it back.

bruh moment

you were hijacked for months, so its really suspicious that you never even tried to contact steam support during that period

Even if you thought it was a real valve employee, most people would be suspicious if they didn't respond for over a week

2 hours ago, Crown said:

a valve employee using discord lol. I think there are webites to let you view old steam messages. Discord lets you view old messages whether you're blocked or not, unless you deleted the conversation. Also, was this you lmao?

https://gyazo.com/7309faf439b5e494a187141e02bdde6d

Bruh that image does not display someone who would be helpful to the community at all. It looks like something my 4 year old cousin would write after losing the ski game on club penguin.

to answer your question directly,you can still physically trade but people will not trade with you as you are marked as a scammer on steamrep since bp.tf's policy has changed so it would just be very hard to trade.

if you claim that you never did the scam and was hijacked,you need to make an appeal on steamrep and show evidence of the steam support ticket showing that you account was truly hijacked and did a fake scam

5 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Just trade on trade serves. Problem solved.

uh? what is the diference of trading on trade servers and trading through incoming steam offers? Just because he made the trade on a trade server does it mean the person wont get marked? lol

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic

Archived