Titanfall - Source engine and published by EA

FayBee

Anyone who's been following Titanfall is surely on the hypetrain... just like I was. It came to my horror that haunts me everyday to know that this potential top FPS game will be published by EA. What do you think? Do you think EA has no effect on this game? I doubt it.

Here are my predictions to what will be happen to Titanfall

1. Won't be Steam, easily lost 500,000+ customers there including those who don't have access to a credit card but use Steam Wallet codes or Steam items and those who despise Origin and EA.

2. The game will be broken for at least 6 months especially on Launch day.

3. Riddled with bugs.

4. $80+ DLC, the Sims 3 on Steam has a total of $470 worth of DLC. Yes better use that money to buy several Australium weapons.

5. PC Port will be sh*t because ex-IW devs are working on this, we all know IW never cared for the PC crowd.

6. Did I mention that it won't be on Steam and is published by EA, oh well guess i did.

Of course you can easily disagree on a few points I made, since it's a source engine game, ANY damn PC will run it, but this is not Valve so the most likelyhood is... it will be a sh*t PC port on top of it being an EA game.

Another point, it WILL be on Steam because they took Valve's engine so Valve decided that if they're gonna use their engine (it's open-sourced so I don't know), they need to put the game on Steam. And I don't know a Source game that is outside Steam.

Just found a source to back up my claim that it won't be on Steam

http://www.titanfall.com/beta

"Origin Account required for PC Beta."

Also, Source engine? If you look at the gameplay you'll call BS on that one but there are tons of sources saying the same thing that Titanfall is indeed using Source engine.

I havent purchased a single EA game since Crysis. Every EA game that I have gotten since then were either gifts or from the humble bundles while giving nothing to EA. I will never purchase another EA game, console or PC.

Who cares who publishes the game. 

Whoever cares enough to not play a game they want to play because it is on origin, is a fool. 

Its been known from the start it will be on origin and not on steam. 

All that matters is , is it a game you will enjoy and want to spend your time on. 

Interesting that it runs on the source engine, thats pretty cool

Im looking forward to the game. 

Whoever cares enough to not play a game they want to play because it is on origin, is a fool.

As I said, many cannot buy games outside of Steam simply because they do not have a credit card or they only use their TF2/DOTA2/CSGO items to buy things. People who despise Origin is not as common but there are.

I know it is like 'who cares who publishes the game' well EA has a reputation of forcing developers to cut content and add them as DLC later aswell as forcing them to release a game that is not ready.

Well yeah all it matters if one enjoys a game but one cannot enjoy a game if it crashes and is broken like a game in Alpha. Which is what EA games are known for. Which is why Titanfall being published by EA is a huge red flag.

As I said, many cannot buy games outside of Steam simply because they do not have a credit card or they only use their TF2/DOTA2/CSGO items to buy things. People who despise Origin is not as common but there are.

I know it is like 'who cares who publishes the game' well EA has a reputation of forcing developers to cut content and add them as DLC later aswell as forcing them to release a game that is not ready.

Well yeah all it matters if one enjoys a game but one cannot enjoy a game if it crashes and is broken like a game in Alpha. Which is what EA games are known for. Which is why Titanfall being published by EA is a huge red flag.

so yeah,lets hate ea

don't buy the games their publish

make the devs starve to death

that sounds like a decent plan #easucks

All that matters is , is it a game you will enjoy and want to spend your time on. 

Interesting that it runs on the source engine, thats pretty cool

Myself & a lot of other fans of games that EA ruined.

Exactly, but since it is being published by two year winning WCIA i think ill pass until i get it for free.

Agreed.

0a58000ddbb53ca655db0b2c48324e7326f10268

The last EA game I purchased was Mass Effect 3. The game is fun, definitely, but the overpricing of the DLC (Citadel alone would cost me almost as much as I paid for the base game), and the blatant cash shop in multiplayer (you can only buy randomized packs of items--cash or in-game money--so getting an item you want is luck and upgrading it is more luck) really hampered the game for me.

I'm not saying you should condemn an entire company without good reason, but when money grubbing gets in the way of a good game it is definitely a red flag for me, and EA has a long history of doing just that.

Yet another reason EA deserves Worst Company in America title 3 years running:

Day-One DLC of content removed from the game and resold.

(yes I am aware EA is not the only company to do this)

Every time this topic comes up I think of this: 

Hate them so much? Stop buying their sad shitty games. 

so yeah,lets hate ea

don't buy the games their publish

make the devs starve to death

that sounds like a decent plan #easucks

And shit like this makes me laugh. Devs won't starve; they'll go to a company that won't treat them like shit. Ya know how they rushed ME2? Didn't stop devs from going back to EA for ME3 to suckle their money dick, or to refuse to make DLC for it. Devs are just as much in the wrong. 

Archived