Specialized Kill streak eureka effect kit Price Jump

Slythua

For some reason I got the Kit as a drop and I check Backpack.tf for my Inv value after my mvm game and saw they were worth 20+ keys right now Im lost and speechless I dont understand how to value of this item is that much!? Please someone help explain why its worth that much in Backpack.tf's eyes

This site uses an average of recent sales to estimate SCM item's value. Every once and a while someone will use a cheap item, like a fabricator, to transfer a large amount of SCM funds from one account to another by paying a very higher than normal price for it, which temporarily messes with bp.tf's calculated average. 

This fabricator in this case, has a very large recent (a few actually) sale: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Specialized Killstreak Eureka Effect Kit Fabricator

Give it a few days and the value will drop back down to nothing where it belongs.

May be more than a few days for this one, since somebody appears to be using it regularly, but that's the gist of it. Prices that rely on Backpack's estimation of steam market sales are a decent starting point, but always check the market itself to see what they actually look like.

Maybe someone is using it to trick new users into thinking it is actually worth that much ;-;

8 hours ago, Buck Rampant said:

May be more than a few days for this one, since somebody appears to be using it regularly, but that's the gist of it. Prices that rely on Backpack's estimation of steam market sales are a decent starting point, but always check the market itself to see what they actually look like.

Archived