Once a month crate unboxing!

Rakaksha

I am planning to unbox one crate a month. I have not decided which crates to unbox. It will be interesting to know which crate will you guys unbox if you want to. Obviously the ones with highest rates of unusual drops are the best but still I would like to know any preferences that you guys have before unboxing!

Also I will be updating this thread with my unboxes and possibly screenshots as well. Further you guys can update here if you get a cool unbox with time stamps and mentioning the type of crate you opened.

83 and 84s are good but only in terms of getting the items from there which is getting professional killstreak kits.in terms of unusual from these 2 crates,exceedingly low.even lower than other crates and cases.i've been unboxing those 2 darn crates and never once got a single unusual in the past 7 years.

if you want to aim for unusuals,end of the line crate give a fair type as the effects given are decent even if you got a robo crate or getting a nice hat from it gives a nice price.

^^^ Definitely EOTL or Robo Community crates. Just down to preference on what cosmetics/effects you prefer, but I will say that the EOTL crate will typically yield more valuable stranges and regular hats.

1 minute ago, Pixxi0us said:

Seeing this post just made me losing 1 key :(

Almost same here, I just decided not to buy 30 robo community crates 👀

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I was thinking what rituals y'all do before opening them. Personally I feel myself to be unlucky so I let some girl friend of mine do the unboxing. That hasn't worked worked in favor tho haha.

3 hours ago, Pixxi0us said:

Seeing this post just made me losing 1 key :(

What did you got out of it? Which crate you unboxed?

2 hours ago, Rakaksha said:

What did you got out of it? Which crate you unboxed?

Normal killstreak kit for spy cicle. Create #83

9 minutes ago, Rakaksha said:

Has anyone here even unboxed an unusual? Was it worth it?

A few, and no not worth
I unboxed a Dark Doorway Polar Bear last halloween and I was on planet stoked about that but then I ended up doing about 300 cases and only got the one unusual.

I got one mate who unboxes lots and he's been getting a few unusuals lately, but they've all been like 10-20 key range (bubbling, green confetti and I think a terror watt)

That said I do still unbox stuff and have a pile of keys+crates waiting for halloween because I'm financially irresponsible

12 minutes ago, Rakaksha said:

I have unboxed over 200 crates and never gotten an unusual, so I'd have to say it was not worth it 

If you want to unbox for the thrill of unboxing, then do it

but if you want to unbox to try to profit or get a good unusual.. just trade up

My rule of thumb is to stick to what you told yourself to do, for example you said to unbox only ONE crate a month, so do not do more than one, otherwise it won't end 

4 hours ago, Rakaksha said:

Had my fair share of luck and unboxed over 1000 keys worth of unusuals in the past. Profited, but i retired from unboxing cuz i hate selling the items after worth and i own everything i ever dreamed of anyways

Edit: Go for Multiclass crates, EOTL or Robocrates for some dope stuff. Personally not a fan of cases, fuck the graded items.

5 hours ago, Big Fat Penguin said:

I have unboxed over 200 crates and never gotten an unusual, so I'd have to say it was not worth it 

If you want to unbox for the thrill of unboxing, then do it

but if you want to unbox to try to profit or get a good unusual.. just trade up

My rule of thumb is to stick to what you told yourself to do, for example you said to unbox only ONE crate a month, so do not do more than one, otherwise it won't end 

Yeah unboxing for the thrill of it only not profit. Have unboxed only twice so far when i started investting money in this game...worst mistakebeen trading only ever since. Now I make decent profit to unbox atleast once a month.

6 hours ago, Alecto said:

A few, and no not worth
I unboxed a Dark Doorway Polar Bear last halloween and I was on planet stoked about that but then I ended up doing about 300 cases and only got the one unusual.

I got one mate who unboxes lots and he's been getting a few unusuals lately, but they've all been like 10-20 key range (bubbling, green confetti and I think a terror watt)

That said I do still unbox stuff and have a pile of keys+crates waiting for halloween because I'm financially irresponsible

Thats one hell of an unusual! But going for 300 was overkill haha. Yeah Halloween generally is the best time...the drop rates are incrased as well

2 hours ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

Had my fair share of luck and unboxed over 1000 keys worth of unusuals in the past. Profited, but i retired from unboxing cuz i hate selling the items after worth and i own everything i ever dreamed of anyways

Edit: Go for Multiclass crates, EOTL or Robocrates for some dope stuff. Personally not a fan of cases, fuck the graded items.

Yeah its all about luck... that's why i dont wanna challenge it and just do it for fun. I hate the quality system on paints, most paints are just ugly in non factory new condition.

No such thing as "highest rate of unusual drop".

Cases can get your unusuals and unusualifiers, those could be the "highest rate".

There was someone that did a Crate per week unboxing.

https://one-crate-per-week.tumblr.com

Profit-wise; Munition Crate #83 (Killstreak crate), Crate #9 (Paint Crate).

I unbox for fun once a week or more on special events.

Had highs and lows, it's the way of gambling.

2 hours ago, Corpfox said:

No such thing as "highest rate of unusual drop".

Cases can get your unusuals and unusualifiers, those could be the "highest rate".

There was someone that did a Crate per week unboxing.

https://one-crate-per-week.tumblr.com

Profit-wise; Munition Crate #83 (Killstreak crate), Crate #9 (Paint Crate).

I unbox for fun once a week or more on special events.

Had highs and lows, it's the way of gambling.

Hmm...i will start with 83 then eotl and those. What are the ones with unusualifier? They had chances of two unusuals in one crate right... unusual + unusualifier

I never had any joy with the robo crates when they came out. Ive unboxed about 800 to 900 of them over the years and got nothing at all other than crap :( The EOTL seem popular.
Another waste of money is now the show reels. Sadly just before the unusualifiers came out i unboxed about 700 show reels hoping for a rare expensive unusual taunt. week later that 1400£ wasted on the 700 unbox that i paid for becomes worthless as unusualifers then become bonus drops from many other crates at a better rate than the show reels.

9 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

I never had any joy with the robo crates when they came out. Ive unboxed about 800 to 900 of them over the years and got nothing at all other than crap :( The EOTL seem popular.
Another waste of money is now the show reels. Sadly just before the unusualifiers came out i unboxed about 700 show reels hoping for a rare expensive unusual taunt. week later that 1400£ wasted on the 700 unbox that i paid for becomes worthless as unusualifers then become bonus drops from many other crates at a better rate than the show reels.

Holy baby Jesus! Thats a lot of single kind of crates, god knows how many others you unboxed and how much money you spent! Either you are a very rich person or too good of a trader haha

Archived