MP.TF inventories in backpack rankings?

Frostbane

When I first started trading on backpack.tf, my goal was to be in the top #100 rankings and eventually get to #1. As I traded my way up I became increasingly proud of the rankings I achieved.

I'm pretty sure most other traders out there are also proud of their hard earned rankings. Regardless of top 10, 100, 1000 or even 10,000.

When a trader decides to deposit their items on Marketplace.tf, they lose their rankings even though they still own all of their items.

In my experience, this discourages traders from listing items on marketplace.tf.

Thoughts on including a user's Marketplace.tf inventory in the rankings on bp.tf? 😋

It could be a separate list for Mp.tf Inventories only, or just include bp.tf+mp.tf values into the current list? 

There's already a feature on site which displays a users Marketplace.tf inventory value so it doesn't sound too difficult to implement but I don't know a thing about code.
I believe this would also be a good way to cross promote Mp.tf as well since they're owned by the same people (i think).

It's not an important feature/update, just one that I think would be cool to have.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

I can see where you're coming from, however would this be limited to only marketplace bots, or would it also include bots from mannco and bitskins? Depositing your items into a marketplace bot would still lower your rank overall so that problem wouldn't be solved either, even if the bots had their own list.

I'm guessing it would only be limited to marketplace.tf bots. Since marketplace.tf is owned by the same people who own bp.tf (i think).
It would be against their interests to include items stored in bots from other websites that are directly competing with them.
Also, backpack.tf already has the ability to calculate a users marketplace.tf inventory value, so it seems easy enough to implement. But i don't know a thing about code.
For example, User A has a bp.tf inventory value of $100 and their Marketplace.tf inventory holds $50 worth of items (spread across multiple bots). Their entire bp value would $100 + $50 = $150.
Something like that.

I don't think rankings are that important outside of a general gist of where a trader stands as there are too many factors that reduce it's accuracy.

Me, personally, I've got 60-some unusuals that are unpriced, which reduces my ranking just as much, since they basically don't count. Do I care though? Not really, as I think the collection itself is more important than the number attached to them (and I'm also fine with leaving them unpriced as it then helps avoid some of those real shitty trade offers).

That's true. People care about different things, some care about rank some don't. 
I just think it would be a good idea to implement and it seems simple enough to me but idk.

Definitely not an important feature or high priority update.

ranking is to show off how rich you are.it doesnt really add any benefits or anything else.probably an unnecessary idea.

i do see what you mean when you deposit your items and end up losing your rank.the main reason you put up your items on sale at mp.tf is to cash out.meaning you agree that you will lose your rank on bp.tf anyways since you dont want to trade much

If you spent money getting there then I guess yeah it's to show off how rich you are.

For those who traded their way up, it's a different sort of achievement.

Some traders make tens of thousands of trades over many years to get there and they should rightfully be proud of their rank.

It's more about accurately displaying inventory rankings and maybe recognizing certain achievements and not just who's rich and who's not.

People who list on mp.tf aren't only cashing out. 

Wayne and Bob for example (if i remember correctly) list their entire inventory on mp.tf occasionally and I don't think its cuz they're cashing out entirely from the game. 

It's not a big deal or an important update, just one that I think would be cool to have if it was easy enough to implement.

5 hours ago, Navydinosaur said:

I can see where you're coming from, however would this be limited to only marketplace bots, or would it also include bots from mannco and bitskins? Depositing your items into a marketplace bot would still lower your rank overall so that problem wouldn't be solved either, even if the bots had their own list.

Sure, add even more unpartnered sites, what about tradeit.gg and opskins? 🤦‍♂️

Archived