Bot Buy Orders Make Profit Difficult, If Not Impossible For Low Tier Trading

SilentTitan

As a trader that began with around 20 keys, unusual trading has been a complete nightmare for me. I have been unable to find a single item that was remotely profitable from users, simply due to the overused line of "Bot buy orders are buying for more". Now, I get that Buy Orders provide traders with a safe deal if they feel the need, but even still, it poses a problem. It may also be that I am doing the wrong things to try and make profit. What do you guys think? With 19 keys currently, what steps should I take to try and make profit? Is this economy not worth getting into? Leave your thoughts below!

might as well save and get more keys.bots usually aim low tier items as its safe for em to cut other buyers.aiming something higher will lead less bot buying

Spells are your best bet for profit with that amount of keys, just lurk around and find what the general worth of some spelled items are, then either buy many small-profit spells or one or two big profit spell items which will cost you.

I would suggest you to focus on SCM rather than BP.TF Classifieds.

You can determine which item is popular and which one is not by looking sales.

Spec/Pro KS, Skins etc would be profitable If you can be patient.

you should be buying backpack pages and/or spelled item quicksales with around 20 keys

low tier unsusuals leave little to no profit margins, and you'd be spending about a week to get a sale that is maybe 2-3 keys above what you paid

Nightmare for some time, once you get into ~100 key range of unusuals, its fun and profitable. Small price to pay to get that ez tf2 money.

Imagine some trader wants to buy your 80 key hat, but offers 8 keys because "that is what buyers are paying". Smh my head

Archived