Do you use your trading career on your resume?

DragonHaert

I'm considering putting my 2-3 years of trading as experience for my resume, but I'm not sure if that'd be proper or useful. Would employers see value in it? Also how should I list it so I don't just look like I'm pulling it out of my butt? (I have little other work experience, which is why I have little clue) Thanks!

no,dont.

instead you could say you have done some online trading business skill but dont put this directly on your resume since not everyone will recognize steam trading.use this skill as like when the interviewer asks you if you got any special talents or other skills

yea don't when i check your bp.tf history i see nothing really impressive also i think steam trading do not mean anything for most people so except if you did crazy past performance or if you are looking for job for items trading website.

if you talking about real trading experience on stock/forex/crypto can be more valuable.

God no.

As someone who actually deals with hiring, this would do more harm than good. It'd be like putting "Really good at trading Pokemon cards" or "Got all achievements in Dark Souls" on there. You may be proud of it, but it'll be seen as worthless padding or poor prioritization.

If you're really insecure about your lack of other relevant experience, you could list that time as an Online Reseller. but I'd only really do that if there was a significant gap between jobs that didn't have a better explanation (like going back to school or taking care of family).

Doesn't belong on your resume or CV. You could talk about it in a college essay or one of the application essays,  but other than that I'd say you should keep steam trading out of your professional life.

Archived