Filter Out Bots in Premium Search

The Real Flash

Hello. I have suggested this a couple times in the past and am suggesting it again now. Bots, as we all know, have taken over lower tier trading. Its almost impossible to buy an item from a bot and make profit from it (IN LOWER TIER TRADING) as there are multiple bots. When you make a query for a good deal search, its literally flooded with bot listings. It would be nice if we could make a query where the results only show listings by humans (or at least listings that do not have "automatic" enabled). Thanks.

I fail to understand why a query for this would be necessary. If you're looking for a good deal, you're looking for a good deal. Why would there be a need to filter out bots?

27 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I fail to understand why a query for this would be necessary. If you're looking for a good deal, you're looking for a good deal. Why would there be a need to filter out bots?

If you head over to the good deal section, and click on one of the listings from the bot you'll see there are multiple bots selling for same price. So, ittl be almost impossible to sell it for more and make profit. If im not mistaken, i believe the main purpose for good deals is so that premium users can use it to their advantage and make profit. 

36 minutes ago, The Real Flash said:

If you head over to the good deal section, and click on one of the listings from the bot you'll see there are multiple bots selling for same price. So, ittl be almost impossible to sell it for more and make profit. If im not mistaken, i believe the main purpose for good deals is so that premium users can use it to their advantage and make profit. 

But if you're looking for a good deal, there are other queries you can use in order to filter out a good one from a bad one.

Such as:           mSlU0ma.png           The discount % numeric.

Removing bots from the classifieds via search filters won't really be any helpful:

1) There could be a bot selling at a discount.

2) You would be unable to view the majority of the market, which bots are, which if anything would make it more difficult to determine if you are getting a good deal.

3) The reality is that if there is a user selling an item on the classifieds who isn't a bot, there's a good chance their response time would take a lot longer/probably aren't responding, especially if they're selling at a discount.

10 hours ago, ѕιи said:

But if you're looking for a good deal, there are other queries you can use in order to filter out a good one from a bad one.

Such as:           mSlU0ma.png           The discount % numeric.

Removing bots from the classifieds via search filters won't really be any helpful:

1) There could be a bot selling at a discount.

2) You would be unable to view the majority of the market, which bots are, which if anything would make it more difficult to determine if you are getting a good deal.

3) The reality is that if there is a user selling an item on the classifieds who isn't a bot, there's a good chance their response time would take a lot longer/probably aren't responding, especially if they're selling at a discount.

1) There could be a bot selling at a discount but it will be highly unlikely that its selling it at a price where you can profit.

2)  What I'm suggesting here is to add an additional query option to filter out all bots ; not remove bots as a whole from the good deals section. So, you would still be able to view the majority of the market if you wish to do so.

3) I agree with you there, however, good deals used to work perfectly fine before bots took over, so I don't see why not now? The response time will vary from each trader to trader. If you enable the filter out bots query and sort it by bump time, you can most likely find a recent listing and trade with the user within 5 minutes (which is a lot less than how long it takes to find a good deal when the page is flooded with bots)

4- The discount % numeric is not very efficient either. Use discount filter, you'll get flooded with bots selling unusual taunts. Now, if you filter out the unusual quality as well,  you get flooded with bots selling overpriced items (screenshot included)

5- I think we both can agree that most of bot listings in good deals are bad deals.

query.JPG

• Administrators

I'm not really following either. If the person deals were better than the bots deals they'd already show ahead of them. So you want a filter to get rid of better prices just because they're from a bot? How is it you think you're going to be able to get profit margins out of that?

1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I'm not really following either. If the person deals were better than the bots deals they'd already show ahead of them. So you want a filter to get rid of better prices just because they're from a bot? How is it you think you're going to be able to get profit margins out of that?

No they wouldn't. What defines a "good deal"? Its not just the discount percentage. You have to take into account other listings. Now, if you were to look into a listing by a bot and see similar classifieds, you can see there will be multiple bots selling for the same price. I urge you to try this for yourself. Now, since there are many bots selling at same price, it will not be possible to sell it for a profit. And once again, this should not effect bot owners that much as people who want to trade with bots do not have to use the filter. Realistically, I have NEVER found a good deal from a bot in lower tier trading. Bots are flooding the good deal section. There really isn't much point in paying for premium to use good deals just to be greeted by listings from bots that you cannot profit from. 

1 hour ago, The Real Flash said:

No they wouldn't. What defines a "good deal"? Its not just the discount percentage. You have to take into account other listings. Now, if you were to look into a listing by a bot and see similar classifieds, you can see there will be multiple bots selling for the same price. I urge you to try this for yourself. Now, since there are many bots selling at same price, it will not be possible to sell it for a profit. And once again, this should not effect bot owners that much as people who want to trade with bots do not have to use the filter. Realistically, I have NEVER found a good deal from a bot in lower tier trading. Bots are flooding the good deal section. There really isn't much point in paying for premium to use good deals just to be greeted by listings from bots that you cannot profit from. 

I can see where you're coming from, but there's another thing: what defines a bot? how would they be differed from other traders?

It would take hours for staff to classify each and every "bot" for very little gain, and it's unlikely that they would get to every one.

Users who actively trade tend to bump their listings often too, so you have to consider that when finding good deals. 

I would also recommend going on trade servers/refreshing the deals page often to pick out profitable deals

1 hour ago, Svode said:

I can see where you're coming from, but there's another thing: what defines a bot? how would they be differed from other traders?

It would take hours for staff to classify each and every "bot" for very little gain, and it's unlikely that they would get to every one.

Users who actively trade tend to bump their listings often too, so you have to consider that when finding good deals. 

I would also recommend going on trade servers/refreshing the deals page often to pick out profitable deals

A filter could be made so that bots with "automatic" enabled (lightning symbol instead of trade offer) can be filtered out. It would not get all the bots but it will reduce them by a great margin.

• Administrators

But the thing you're missing is that listings are sorted by price not bump time, so... all you're gonna uncover is non-bot listings at higher prices?

Like am I missing something here?

16 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

But the thing you're missing is that listings are sorted by price not bump time, so... all you're gonna uncover is non-bot listings at higher prices?

Listings can be sorted by bump time when you make a query. Classifieds > sort by : default (creation time) I have included a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

every single search listed by creation time is showing bot bumps

its actually impossible to see legitament new listings

its just page after page after page of bot bumps

6 minutes ago, LaughingLollipop said:

every single search listed by creation time is showing bot bumps

its actually impossible to see legitament new listings

its just page after page after page of bot bumps

Exactly. This filter will help reduce bot bumps shown to you.

13 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Bots “deals” are 99% of the time reflecting outdated prices. 

The purpose of the deals page is to find a good deal. If you have ever used it you would know that sorting by price doesn’t make sense. We need to sort by bump time, hence the need for other filters such as automatic=0. 

If you want more people buying premium just to realise the deals section is not worth it, leave it like this. 

If you want more people buying premium on a regular basis, then adding a small filter like this would be very helpful. 

hold up y'all i'm trying to figure out how did u both found the discount% feature in the numeric

i have premium btw  

Archived