Brokering or Buying Quick-Sells?

Julia Gillard the Honest

Obviously with the first one you need to be reputable, so to those of you who were active when TF2 trading began, which one's more economical (for you)? I know that the second option's safer and more dependent but how much do brokers make?

Being a broker seems like a waste of time, not only is it not your hat, but you also have the picky owners of the hat who only want certain things. Unless the person has zero knowledge of unusual trading, it's not really worth it.

Obviously with the first one you need to be reputable, so to those of you who were active when TF2 trading began, which one's more economical (for you)? I know that the second option's safer and more dependent but how much do brokers make?

It depends on who you're brokering for. If the person you're brokering for demands whatever you have back you can easily get screwed. Or, if the currency changes occur (and 1 bud is now like .8 buds) you could get screwed. Or if the person is expecting to much for the hat, you could get screwed. All-in-all, unless you actually know the person you're brokering for, it doesn't usually pay--and then you usually broker for free.

Also, something i've noticed, brokering now, makes less sense than it used to. I had Woifis scorching unusuals for about 4 months, and after 4 months i managed to turn 55 buds into 35~ pure and 35~ in unusuals. Actually trading up has gotten quite a bit harder than it used to be. As it stands, right now, i don't make a ton of my profit by constantly trading up, but rather most of my profit comes from the quicksell price. 

I've only brokered an unusual for a friend of mine but  they trusted me enough to make whatever deal I saw fit for it. I got 25% of what the hat ended up selling for which was the agreed amount. If they didn't go hands of like they did I probably wouldn't have bothered selling it. Sounds like too much of a pain to get an offer then potentially losw the offer while waiting for the owner to get online or approve the deal.

I've only brokered an unusual for a friend of mine but  they trusted me enough to make whatever deal I saw fit for it. I got 25% of what the hat ended up selling for which was the agreed amount. If they didn't go hands of like they did I probably wouldn't have bothered selling it. Sounds like too much of a pain to get an offer then potentially losw the offer while waiting for the owner to get online or approve the deal.

Thats not real brokering. True brokering you take full control over all decisions. 

Thats not real brokering. True brokering you take full control over all decisions. 

I suppose so, seems like a lot of people aren't really brokering then. Didn't vince have to wait for someone to get online to before he sold a BOA he was "brokering"?

I've never really understood why unbanned people would hire a broker to sell their hat for them when they could themselves.

I suppose so, seems like a lot of people aren't really brokering then. Didn't vince have to wait for someone to get online to before he sold a BOA he was "brokering"?

Yea....theres really no point in that; its only brokering if you have full autonomy, otherwise its just being someones bitch. 

I've never really understood why unbanned people would hire a broker to sell their hat for them when they could themselves.

Because i'd love to have someone else do all my trading for me. A better question would be, why do people hire brokers and then want to be part of the trades; if your brokering your shit its because you don't want to trade. 

I was brokering for a few people a while back and it got alot more profit that making a quick sell trade. It reall depends on who you're brokering for, many reasonable traders who dont have the time to trade themselves simply ask for a reasonable amount on their unusual and i keep the profits to myself as long as i paid what the trader asked for we were both happy.

Archived