Game of Thrones

#NewWizard

I too quit reading because unavailable at library and too cheap to buy and I too use that site... Are you me?

Depends, are you freakishly tall?

Depends, are you freakishly tall?

I'm 1.92 which on world average is freaky, here just tall. One of the tallest of my class but not freakish. Freakish is like 2.05+

I'm 1.92 which on world average is freaky, here just tall. One of the tallest of my class but not freakish. Freakish is like 2.05+

*calls to mind european meter*

*jk I just googled it*

dhasfuajhoreausfj we're the same height wtf is this

This is why they are different. I'm weird enough to enjoy long, well-built worlds and long books. For people who don't like it, there's the shows or other books/shows

I dont know why, but for me his writing style is completely addicting. I guess its the way he structures the chapters, from each characters point of view.  

I don't have any problem with length (although after spending so much time on the internet lately, especially the magazine scene, I have a bit of a bias for short stories--you can do a lot in 10k words), and I quite enjoy world-building. And I don't have any problem with multi-tiered plotlines. My problem is with the prose itself--the way the sentences are structured, the way the information is delivered, and the way in which the story is told strikes me as overly practical, dare I say bland.

I don't expect every story written to be poetic, obviously, but when I can't enjoy the act of reading it's usually a sign that the author isn't very good.

I dont know why, but for me his writing style is completely addicting. I guess its the way he structures the chapters, from each characters point of view.  

I'd say he's addicting because his stories actually have tension. In most cases, if the hero gets into a dire position, you know that they'll triumph in the end. In Game of Thrones, when a person gets in trouble, you really don't know if they'll make it. Hell, you can't even guarantee them going out with dignity or a blaze of glory.

Archived