New Rules for Background Checks

10 hours ago, Tejojo said:

i see so i can trade with scammers items with bp price under 15 keys

No, you dont have to do a background check when both sides of the trade are <15 keys.

If you trade a scammer accidentally its fine under that price.

Trading scammers when one of the sides is >15 keys is bannable

Trading scammers while knowing they are a scammer, is a permanent ban

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teeny Tiny Cat

• Zeus_Junior

• rndmchrs

• sfpt

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction   I will again start with a disclaimer that these are the rules for backpack.tf and do not apply to any other site. The cutoff in item values for which we expect traders to comp

Eh, I don't know if "the community finding the criteria too subjective" is a really good reason.... I can think of ways you could set objective criteria like is done in some of these other rule change

what i think is you can trade people marked for scamming on backpack.tf but not on steamrep. e.g you cant trade this person: https://gyazo.com/ffaefcb39ad981f5d56e855ffdcd9410   but

8 hours ago, phnx said:

How can moderators determine whether an user "knowingly fails" or "accidentally fails" to background check a scammer?

Only quite unsure about this part of the post.

We rarely ban someone for knowingly doing this. But theres multiple ways this can happen

If there are multiple trades with that same scammer, its unlikely they didn't look them up once.

If they've been friends for like a year, also unlikely they didn't know.

They simply confess they knew / there is evidence that shows they knew.

• 1 month later...

None of these rules define, anything about buying from middleman sites like marketplace.tf, cs.deals or mannco.store. Would love to have some clarification on that point. So I don't get banned for buying a hat from one of those.

• 2 months later...

What would happen if someone traded a lot with a scammer but didn't know they were a scammer?

We rarely ban someone for knowingly doing this. But theres multiple ways this can happen

If there are multiple trades with that same scammer, its unlikely they didn't look them up once.

If they've been friends for like a year, also unlikely they didn't know.

They simply confess they knew / there is evidence that shows they knew.

•  

Or when someone traded a lot with a scammer and know he is a scammer but didn't know its not good to trade with him ?

4 hours ago, Trading said:

What would happen if someone traded a lot with a scammer but didn't know they were a scammer?

Or when someone traded a lot with a scammer and know he is a scammer but didn't know its not good to trade with him ?

Size or amount of trades determine the ban length.

Not knowing the rules does not grant you immunity to a ban. Same rules apply