How to deal with garbage unusuals?

kgspyguy

So, i got 3 garbage unusuals, Stormy Storm Cadaver's Cranium, Green Confetti Fed-Fightin' Fedora, Green Confetti Noble Nickel Amassment of Hats and basically i list them for the listed price, candaver for 10k, fedora for 22k and nickel hats for 25k but noone's buying it for months and idk what to do with these garbages cus i want to get full money and if i quicksell them then i will lose profit, i watched the virtualeconomists guides 2 times and i am literally just going to die if there are no solutions to these actual cancer's.

You need to look at how in-date the suggestions and how successful other sellers are as well, as the market can easily shift over the months. Look at the Fedora, the other seller on backpack.tf has been trying to sell the hat at that price for 5 moths with no success. It clearly is no longet the 22 key hat it was a year ago. Or look at the Nobel Nickel, whose suggestion is 2 years outdated. There's a seller on the SCM for ~18 keys, with the hat being unsold for over a month. And the Cadaver's Cranium does have an in-date price, but it's lower that what you're selling for plus there is another seller with an even lower price out there.

To sum it up, your hats are not selling because you are pricing them higher than the market would demand (I even collect G. Fetti and would not pay those prices). Your options are to take the lesson and loss and move on, or sit on the hats as they rot in your backpack.

go on trade servers or steam forums and try to get someone poor to give like their whole bp for it, TF2 newbies still see unusuals as status symbols and will see your offer as an opportunity to get into unusual trading (lord help them)

also why would you even buy those hats in the first place... the only reason i ever accept hats like those is if I can instantly sell them to bots for a remunerative price

tf2hunt and tf2blaze are only legit sites if you want gamble, but i dont recommend

However they have good gambling value because they are hard to resell without massive discount

2 hours ago, Pupu said:

tf2hunt and tf2blaze are only legit sites if you want gamble, but i dont recommend

However they have good gambling value because they are hard to resell without massive discount

this is where spycrab gambling is involved which makes it fair for both gamblers to check on the items they wish to gamble but middleman is involved which is either a really trusted person or admin of the server(even so,admin should be trusted as some admins can become a scammer)

On 5/19/2019 at 10:22 PM, Vlad P. said:

So, i got 3 garbage unusuals, Stormy Storm Cadaver's Cranium, Green Confetti Fed-Fightin' Fedora, Green Confetti Noble Nickel Amassment of Hats and basically i list them for the listed price, candaver for 10k, fedora for 22k and nickel hats for 25k but noone's buying it for months and idk what to do with these garbages cus i want to get full money and if i quicksell them then i will lose profit, i watched the virtualeconomists guides 2 times and i am literally just going to die if there are no solutions to these actual cancer's.

1. There's only a very small chance that someone will buy any of these for a price close to what you're asking.  But let's say they eventually do, in another 3 months.  So you'll be sitting here for another 3 months and then someone comes around and buys all 3 for a reasonable pure discount, let's say you get 9 keys, 20 keys, and 22 keys, so you now have 51 keys.  In this example, it takes 3 months.  

2.  Let's say you quicksell them instead, today.  You'll get 7 keys, 15 keys and 16 keys, so in total, you'll have 38 keys BUT you have 38 keys TODAY.  Can you turn 38 keys into 51 over the course of 3 months?  Of course you can, and it'll be a lot more fun than just sitting around waiting because you don't want to lose profit.

You need to cut your losses and move on.  Consider the long term: yea, you'll lose backpack value today, but that means you can get pure today to work your way back up.  Let's say nobody buys these hats for another 6 months, or even 1 year.  Would it have been better to quicksell today and work your way back up and give yourself a chance to make more than 51 keys?  Most definitely.  

There's only one answer here: quicksell these hats, learn your lesson, and trade your way back up.  

On 5/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, Scott Bakula said:

You need to look at how in-date the suggestions and how successful other sellers are as well, as the market can easily shift over the months. Look at the Fedora, the other seller on backpack.tf has been trying to sell the hat at that price for 5 moths with no success. It clearly is no longet the 22 key hat it was a year ago. Or look at the Nobel Nickel, whose suggestion is 2 years outdated. There's a seller on the SCM for ~18 keys, with the hat being unsold for over a month. And the Cadaver's Cranium does have an in-date price, but it's lower that what you're selling for plus there is another seller with an even lower price out there.

To sum it up, your hats are not selling because you are pricing them higher than the market would demand (I even collect G. Fetti and would not pay those prices). Your options are to take the lesson and loss and move on, or sit on the hats as they rot in your backpack.

wats an scm

On 5/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gren said:

1. There's only a very small chance that someone will buy any of these for a price close to what you're asking.  But let's say they eventually do, in another 3 months.  So you'll be sitting here for another 3 months and then someone comes around and buys all 3 for a reasonable pure discount, let's say you get 9 keys, 20 keys, and 22 keys, so you now have 51 keys.  In this example, it takes 3 months.  

2.  Let's say you quicksell them instead, today.  You'll get 7 keys, 15 keys and 16 keys, so in total, you'll have 38 keys BUT you have 38 keys TODAY.  Can you turn 38 keys into 51 over the course of 3 months?  Of course you can, and it'll be a lot more fun than just sitting around waiting because you don't want to lose profit.

You need to cut your losses and move on.  Consider the long term: yea, you'll lose backpack value today, but that means you can get pure today to work your way back up.  Let's say nobody buys these hats for another 6 months, or even 1 year.  Would it have been better to quicksell today and work your way back up and give yourself a chance to make more than 51 keys?  Most definitely.  

There's only one answer here: quicksell these hats, learn your lesson, and trade your way back up.  

i would love to do that, but i am just too stupid to be actually good with unusual trading, like virtual's guides are good but i just don't know hot to enfore his techniques for myself and even when i watched his quicksell video i still don't get it since it is so complicated for me. how did i get these unusuals in the ifrst place well, , i guess i made pretty garbage trades a long time ago.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gren said:

in short, i don't know hot to recover from losses and i am too scared to get any losses bc idk how to recover which is just this stupid vicious cycle

8 hours ago, Vlad P. said:

wats an scm

Steam community marketplace.

Flipping items on the scm is a great way of dealing with lower tier items and should not be ignored. Additionally, it's a great place to find solid quicksells, especially when a big steam sale is happening. 

As for your fear, to paraphrase Jake the Dog, "the first step of being good at something to to be bad at it". Keep using everything as a learning experience to find what works and what doesn't work for you, and it will get better. But it's not going to happen overnight. There will be setbacks and failures, especially when you're starting out, but keeping a positive, determined attitude will help you grow in your efforts. 

Archived