Open discussion on rules for trading with scammers ×

A tf2 irl item pc

Mr Furley

I bought a autographed  irl atomizer signed by the tf2 dev team from a Seattle area charity auction a few years ago. Not sure if I'd ever sell it but any opinions on value

i can trade you real life tf2 food items....

to answer you question,the price should be a few hundreds of dollars due to the signature

13 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

to answer you question,the price should be a few hundreds of dollars due to the signature

can I ask you where did you get that price?

18 hours ago, Mr Furley said:

I bought a autographed  irl atomizer signed by the tf2 dev team from a Seattle area charity auction a few years ago. Not sure if I'd ever sell it but any opinions on value

Tf2 Dev team? You mean no one?

So I can see the 150 dollar price of the non signed one as shown above. There is no way in hell the TF2 dev team signatures add 'hundreds of dollars more', lol. As someone with a sizable signed memorabilia collection, you can get signatures of MUCH more famous and well-known/more desired people than the TF2 dev team on items for much less. Politicians, rockstars, famous actors, athletes are the kinds of people that attract that much added value, not video game developers. It's a neat item, but I don't think it would be worth as much as people are saying here

3 hours ago, HarryG said:

So I can see the 150 dollar price of the non signed one as shown above. There is no way in hell the TF2 dev team signatures add 'hundreds of dollars more', lol. As someone with a sizable signed memorabilia collection, you can get signatures of MUCH more famous and well-known/more desired people than the TF2 dev team on items for much less. Politicians, rockstars, famous actors, athletes are the kinds of people that attract that much added value, not video game developers. It's a neat item, but I don't think it would be worth as much as people are saying here

My issue with that is celebrities sign all the time, dev's do not. I think its 1 of only a couple, I know the scout voice actor has 1 also

56 minutes ago, Mr Furley said:

My issue with that is celebrities sign all the time, dev's do not. I think its 1 of only a couple, I know the scout voice actor has 1 also

A+ Spot on. "famous people, Celebrities and their (employers/agencies) do it for a living. Devs do not. Also marketting and media companies also offer signed stuff which is not actually signed by the person themselves. They get a copywriter in. I have had several items from a similar agency before and the signatures were different. I contacted the agency and they litereally said. You dont expect Mr X (celebrity) has the time to sign hundreds of items daily for sale to the general public do you... blah blah :D So yeah i feel sorry for people who go after "celeb" stuff. Cuz most of the time its not even signed by them... Hurts to be whoever pays the extra for that celeb/famous person bullscat having had an agency confirm 90 % of the signed stuff isnt actually signed by the person themself. The people at the agency advised me if i go searching for autographed items to look for a CoA or some sort of seal or authentic guarantee. Generally its not difficult for someone to mimic a signature with a sharpy and says its autographed. If it says Authentic Personally Signed/Autographed then thats different. But then again. A search term is a search term and anyone can fake anything. Hell look on ebay and type in banksy dismaland. 90 % of the stuff is fake and not even from pest control. I have had this confirmed personally. My sister worked for the elusive guy :D. Thankfully i can get away with saying that as i never signed the NDA she did :D

Archived