Minor request: SteamRep Icons

Mister WorldCast

But Mister WorldCast what do you mean by this?

Simple. Lets say a user was reported on steamrep for suspicious scamming that hasnt been approved yet. When I visit the guys profile on backpack.tf It says his rep is normal. But when you check the guys steam rep it has a question mark shield saying that this user was reported and awaiting to see if its approved or not.

•Example A:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Maybe instead of a word saying “NORMAL” in the guys backpack.tf profile. It could say along the lines of “REPORTED” if the user is reported with maybe a yellow color behind the bar and maybe a question mark shield (similar to the admins tag) and the “CAUTION” tag. 

•Example B:

image0.jpg

But why?

I could compare with the Caution Tag. Why do we put the caution tag there? To provide information. This could give us leading information about the user via the backpack.tf site. Or maybe its an outdated thing and im just suggesting now.

Designs:

Here are some mediocre designs I made on the “Reported” idea tag as well as remakes on the “scammer” and “caution” tags to give you a good idea, besides the admin tag one which can have a simple checkmark.

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

im sorry

•Final Notes:

Just an idea I had in the back of my head for a while and wanted to put it out there and see how it goes. I do like to note, obviously I suck at being a drawer/designer and just wanted to make an idea on how it can look like and put my skills to the test. 

So, What do you think? Yeh? Meh? Any other suggestions on this? Would love to hear thoughts on this.

• Administrators

Many people have unconfirmed reports that are completely invalid, and until steamrep is in a position where there is zero backlog I am not comfortable putting that on everyone's profile. If you want to check for unconfirmed reports, you can go to steamrep and do that.

56 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Many people have unconfirmed reports that are completely invalid, and until steamrep is in a position where there is zero backlog I am not comfortable putting that on everyone's profile. If you want to check for unconfirmed reports, you can go to steamrep and do that.

we are aware there is a way to do that since rep.tf does have a hyperlink that can check a person's history/current reports against them but it would help out small traders who tend to want to do cash trade but when they see their unconfirmed reports,they could re-think their decision

• Administrators
Just now, Diamond jozu said:

we are aware there is a way to do that since rep.tf does have a hyperlink that can check a person's history/current reports against them but it would help out small traders who tend to want to do cash trade but when they see their unconfirmed reports,they could re-think their decision

Encouraging people to check rep.tf is a better idea than trying to make backpack.tf into rep.tf. :P

I do like to note. Yes rep.tf does do this infact does this as profiled here:

image0.jpg

As noted again, why implement it? Same this as the CAUTION sign, or even a VAC or Community ban? To simply provide information. While it can still encourage people to still check on why the user is reported to prevent potential marked scammers and provide information nevertheless. While it doesnt impact a while lot of trading, it can help out information and even put this in your mind: “Why is this user reported?” Which encourages you to find out why. Just a curious thought.

Now im not sure if this can be added to backpack.tf, is it compatible or is it just not that simple? Would love to know.

6 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

i've gotta upvote this idea.

nice drawings as well

Thank you :)

Any opinions on this relation to tpoic? Reguggest? Would love to hear the communitys opinion to this.

Archived