Python.

As you may already know, backpack.tf prices are are considered Holy Scriptures by most people

I'd like to put an end to this stereotype in this thread.

Backpack.tf reflects the Team Fortress 2 economy. As time goes on, items get rarer, more common, more expensive, cheaper, less desired, more desired, buffed, nerfed and everything in between. As these changes occur, prices fluctuate. While the prices listed on backpack.tf are more accurate than not, they are not law. How else do you think prices rise and fall? People don't sell for what backpack.tf says it's worth. Say you have an item worth 2 ref by backpack.tf. Everyone in the market is selling for 2 ref, which makes the buyers have no choice than to buy it for 2 ref since they cannot get it cheaper. Let's say it takes a while to sell the item you have for 2 ref. You have it for weeks, not a bite. You decide to lower the price to 1.66. What have you just done? You have just lowered the market value for that item. Others see they instead of waiting for weeks on end to sell the item, they can just drop the price to 1.66 and sell it relatively quick. Of course, sooner or later, backpack.tf will catch on and lower the price to 1.66 or 1.66-2 ref if 2 ref still happens, but the point is that price you were selling for was not backpack.tf's. Now, let's take the example of the Battery Canteen increase. They were, for some reason, rare. There weren't many of them, and that's most likely what made people able to sell for a key. Now before it was a key on backpack.tf, and people were selling for a key, they'd be called highballers, scammers, idiots and all of these derogatory terms made by people who believed they couldn't sell for a key. This is what I really wanted to talk about. The people who go against backpack.tf for profit, etc. then being called highballers when they really do sell. People can buy, sell, offer, retract, and decline whatever they want to for an item. Backpack.tf does not dictate this, which is the common misconception

As an example:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/16694484

-- "lowballer"

-- "u want to change 1.33 ref for 4 ref? U are really dumb"

-- "dat pyro misc is 1.22-1.33 and dat solda hat is 2.66-3 ref you are scammer"

[/rant]

TL;DR People don't have to go by backpack.tf prices so leave them the fuck alone

doesn't mean they'll have success

Disclaimer: Rant you see is referring to non-unusual items

"Traders" which dont do their research themselves and rely 100% on bp.tf to keep our prices updated are the most easiest to make profit off and i dont consider them proper traders at all as they havent even grasped the most basic concepts.

You'll be amazed at the amount of people who "i make my own prices screw bp" simply make up a number and expect other to pay it, not realising that there is a burning for half their price or a quick glance at other sellers are you would realise it is either selling higher/lower than bp's listed price. There are only a handful of regular contributes and mods who all have their own lives as well compared to the thousands and thousands of suggestions needed update the website constantly.

'I'd like to put an end to this stereotype in this thread.' implies otherwise.

Well the '[/rant]' at the end and the tag 'another rant' prove otherwise otherwise

It turns more into a rant towards the end.

I didn't use paragraphs. Sue me.

Anyway, can we get back on topic?

You'll be amazed at the amount of people who "i make my own prices screw bp" simply make up a number and expect other to pay it,

For the most part I have my own means of pricing items and it's quite accurate. I use it for backpack buying and the majority of my clients agree with me.

Why put this on the forums, where most of the regulars go? They should know this. But then again, it wouldn't make sense putting it somewhere else.

People treat backpack.tf like a bible,

And like the bible people obliviously follow it as a life-style as they think they have to. They are both simple guidelines.

Nobody is forcing you to follow them, it's matter of choice and not meant to run your life, so please people of Steam. STOP BEING FUCKING IDIOTS.

For the most part I have my own means of pricing items and it's quite accurate. I use it for backpack buying and the majority of my clients agree with me.

Everyone has their own way or pricing, that part of my statement is referring more towards users who think they can get 10buds from a 5 bud hat either from a weird comparison (comparing a cancer to the TC) or their own sense of what the hat "should" be worth disregarding other sellers (trying to sell for 3 buds when there are 3-4 people selling for 2buds)

nobody literally copies what the bible says, at least no sane persons. Same with Quran/ Torah / any other religious book

But but but, the bible was written by someone who was talking to the sky....why wouldn't you trust him completely.

But but but, the bible was written by someone who was talking to the sky....why wouldn't you trust him completely.

The Bible has several authors, you silly nugget xD

The phrase "bible.tf" is usually used as an insult to the people who are best described by this one sentence;

"Ok i buy ur hat WAIT its not prices on backpack i dont want if fk of faget"

See what I mean?

very few of my items are sold within current accepted bp.tf ranges.

You've got bad items then. 

The only thing that doesn't really sell for bptf prices are: vintages, genuines, and pristine robo parts. 

i Sorta hate backpack.tf Prices because almost everytime i almost get screwed over by it. i had a unusual Coupe diaster Aces high and i didnt sell it yet and i got a 16 key offer on it i was about to take it then a guy looks up that theres a suggestion for it for like 14 and Passes. WTF IS WRONG WITH BACKPACK!?!?!

i Sorta hate backpack.tf Prices because almost everytime i almost get screwed over by it. i had a unusual Coupe diaster Aces high and i didnt sell it yet and i got a 16 key offer on it i was about to take it then a guy looks up that theres a suggestion for it for like 14 and Passes. WTF IS WRONG WITH BACKPACK!?!?!

It's not backpack.tf's fault the guy who offered retracted since there were lower than 16 key sales for it

Legit. How old are you?

This is extremely childish.

Backpack.tf will be here, and will stay here. 

You want spreadsheet? OH WAIT. They are "corrupt"

Even if you hate it, it will always be here. There is no other site (Besides Trade.tf, which basically has the same price as backpack.tf)

Suck it up mate.

Legit. How old are you?

This is extremely childish.

Backpack.tf will be here, and will stay here. 

You want spreadsheet? OH WAIT. They are "corrupt"

Even if you hate it, it will always be here. There is no other site (Besides Trade.tf, which basically has the same price as backpack.tf)

Suck it up mate.

What are you talking about? The lecture wasn't me saying that backpack.tf is shit at pricing

Please read before you comment and make yourself look like an idiot

Archived