High tier effect on robo hat VS low/mid tier effect on high tier hat

polemio

Greetings everyone!

Today i would like to discuss about a topic I'm not so familiar with so i'd like to ask for the opinion of some seasoned traders:

During this couple weeks i've been trading up and down and I got around a good chunk of keys that i would like to "invest" in a scout unusual.

Altough I intend to keep it I wouldn't mind leaving it in the classified to see if in the long run i receive offers for more than what i paid for.

I could get either a robo baker boy/bonk leadwear with burning flames/sunbeams or a high tier scout hat with low/mid tier effect.

Are robo hats so frowned upon that I'm better off getting a mid/low tier effect on a solid hat or the high tier effect can make an exception to this rule?

In both cases which hat/effect  are the most desirable and would you recommend for a budget of around 42 keys?

I'm eager to hear your opinion but first let me thank you for your time and expertise!

Every people have their opinion about hats/effects, I personally love robo hats, I prefer some of them over 'normal' hats, many people (to my experience) prefer normal hats with lower tier effect than a robo hat with a higher one tho.

buy my death at dusk dead cone

on a serious note.. mid tier hats with mid/high tier effects are the best

high tier effects on low tier hats, in experience, sell better than low tier effects on high tier hats. if you're buying this hat for keeps, it literally doesn't matter. robo hats aren't "frowned upon", and only may be a bit harder to sell due to most of them being uglier than their regular counterpart, so if you like a hat, buy it!

3 hours ago, RED265 said:

pixx is a honest trader. A dumbass for trading scammers, sure, but an honest one

A dumbass for ban evasions.
@RED265 i dont know you but i aprecciate the comment. Thanks :)

Thank you everyone for your precious insight!

From what i understood, although we haven't received a final consensus, a high tier hat with low/mid tier effect seems to be a somewhat safer pick.

Knowing this I'll try to wait for a good deal favouring high tier hats when possible.

IMO nothing worse then flexxing with a shit tier hat that has a moon effect or similar. I prefer high tier effects on high tier hats of course, but when it comes to actually affordable items, id say hat over effect. I was a very happy owner of a Blizzardy Storm Killer exclusive for quite some time before i upgraded.

16 minutes ago, polemio said:

Thank you everyone for your precious insight!

From what i understood, although we haven't received a final consensus, a high tier hat with low/mid tier effect seems to be a somewhat safer pick.

Knowing this I'll try to wait for a good deal favouring high tier hats when possible.

Go for blizzard storm hats, I had a lot of low tiers and the one that I enjoyed the most was a blizzard storm trilby. Its only 15 keys but you can get a good looking hat and you have plenty of keys left to buy some pro KS weapons to look even better. 

In my opinion, a bad tier hat with a good effect is better. My fat man field cap is considered shit tier, but at the same time it being arcana and goes super well with a jungle heavy look has got it a lot more compliments than my spellbound hottie’s hoodie. As long as the hat goes well with the effect.

Archived