Solution for Rare & Unpriced high + Godtier weapons?

Archimo

let me get to the point, I think it would be a great idea to allow price suggestions no matter when the sale happened on unpriced High tier Unusual weapons that are potentially 1 of 1 or 1 of 2, I know that there is supposedly a feature in the works to allow stuff to be priced as an out of date upon being accepted.

However I'd like to put an example of where I feel like a price should be okay despite being out of date:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/58d283c9e338772298421f3b

^I made this as soon as the website allowed Unusual Weapons to be priced back in the day but got told to resuggest when a feature that allowed stuff to be priced as out of date got implemented.

Now as far as i'm aware my MW Strange Unusual Hot Torqued to hell wrench is a 1 of 1(and according to premium search), I feel like as I paid 350 keys pure + my old wrench with verification of it as 150 keys pure (my opinion) with the buyer accepting it instead of 200 pure, this sale should still be very valid in my opinion considering it's a 1 of 1 and basically a full pure trade, but mainly because I'm also a collector that doesn't intend to sell it, but would still like climbing the ranks on most valued backpacks as i'd very easily make top 50 if my unpriced stuff actually were priced. Not to mention I've had the wrench for above 3 years now.

I figured in situations like this and similar to it, it should technically be allowed to do that price suggestion as it would help fill out especially a lot of 1 of 1, or even 1 of 2 rare Unusual items prices on the website.

I might even want to go trough my older trades, steam market history etc to price a few of the other unpriced Unusual Weapons I got, if this were allowed.

I figured that it may not do anything that I post this suggestion, but I felt like I might as well post it so that either this is put into consideration or the out of date pricing gets more priority as it have been 2+ years since I heard about the feature being planned for implementation.

so you wanna pump prices without even semi hiding the pump

seems legit

maybe you can unpump that grenade launcher you're peddlin with some retroactive price shenanigans

https://steamcommunity.com/market/pricehistory/?appid=440&market_hash_name=Strange Unusual Professional Killstreak Sweet Dreams Grenade Launcher (Factory New)

looks to be a 250 key item listed for $2000 on mp.tf

seemslegit

so umm... yeah if we all valued everything we owned arbitrarily and optimistically then there wouldn't be a purpose to this site

if I go trade a scrap and 100 keys for a 200 key hat is that scrap valued at 100 keys for the transaction?

now replace the scrap with some unpriced cancer

• Administrators
2 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

umm... yeah if we all valued everything we owned arbitrarily and optimistically then there wouldn't be a purpose to this site

if I go trade a scrap and 100 keys for a 200 key hat is that scrap valued at 100 keys for the transaction?

Except suggestions don't work that way...

Your example, while I get is an exaggeration, is too bulky for the unpriced hat. Yes, the Wrench example here is bulk, but what Archimo wants applies to all weapons in these circumstances.

What Archimo is proposing is to take old sales for something that hasn't sold since and won't sell (or couldn't be priced before). I agree that it shouldn't be done, but I wouldn't call it pumping the value.

unusual pricing is based off what the seller would take for it in pure, when unusuals are priced off other unusual it is because the hat it was traded for had recently been updated to show an accurate price that people would take for it in pure. so while some hats haven’t sold in 2 - 3 years and are 1/1 so they might never sell again. that doesn’t mean whatever it had sold for also didn’t sell, it’s very possible what the values are for the hats now are way different then what they were back when the trade occurs. if that makes any sense

15 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

so you wanna pump prices without even semi hiding the pump

seems legit

maybe you can unpump that grenade launcher you're peddlin with some retroactive price shenanigans

https://steamcommunity.com/market/pricehistory/?appid=440&market_hash_name=Strange Unusual Professional Killstreak Sweet Dreams Grenade Launcher (Factory New)

looks to be a 250 key item listed for $2000 on mp.tf

seemslegit

so umm... yeah if we all valued everything we owned arbitrarily and optimistically then there wouldn't be a purpose to this site

401948314_CurrentEventScattergunCool.PNG.3413e420d6457322d9bdb0e884e05165.PNG785761443_BalloonicornSniperRifleIsotope.PNG.48e03332ca4bc48cd9db5f3fd25436ea.PNG1185074911_ShellShockerRocketLauncherHot.PNG.70dae4678c39d798ca5ed67ad1dc7132.PNG

This should be sufficient there is only a total of 5 Strange Unusual FN assassin grades in the game and these 3 are priced like this now tell me that my nade is 250 keys again, I'm the expert on unusual weapons so respect that since you obviously don't know anything about this subject of the value related to such weapons, beside this thread were only meant for Unusual Weapon prices as the website it self too forever for them to be allowed to be priced and at that time the sales were already outdated.

13 hours ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy 7309 said:

Except suggestions don't work that way...

Your example, while I get is an exaggeration, is too bulky for the unpriced hat. Yes, the Wrench example here is bulk, but what Archimo wants applies to all weapons in these circumstances.

What Archimo is proposing is to take old sales for something that hasn't sold since and won't sell (or couldn't be priced before). I agree that it shouldn't be done, but I wouldn't call it pumping the value.

Only old sales on Unusual weapons that are generation one as they didn't allow you to price them originally so there were no way for me to get it priced back during that time period.

3 hours ago, saveriocello said:

unusual pricing is based off what the seller would take for it in pure, when unusuals are priced off other unusual it is because the hat it was traded for had recently been updated to show an accurate price that people would take for it in pure. so while some hats haven’t sold in 2 - 3 years and are 1/1 so they might never sell again. that doesn’t mean whatever it had sold for also didn’t sell, it’s very possible what the values are for the hats now are way different then what they were back when the trade occurs. if that makes any sense

It's a full pure for an item that is still 1 of 1 + my suggestion is only for weapon sales that happened prior to them allowing them to be priced like the example with my wrench I suggested a price for it as soon as the website allowed it but at that time it were outdated by some months.

• Administrators

Being able to backdate a price suggestion for the time of the sale would be a nice feature and it's on the to-do list, but not much more I can say than that. We don't have an active developer at present,

My stored up suggestions for HALLOWEEN 2018 war paints are expiring 

If this site goes un-updated for this long then exceptions should be made 

29 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Being able to backdate a price suggestion for the time of the sale would be a nice feature and it's on the to-do list, but not much more I can say than that. We don't have an active developer at present,

that would of course be the very best option for sure and I really feel like it should be a high priority to make sure as much stuff can be priced as possible.

Still annoyed about especially the wrench not being priced tho but I guess it can't be helped until such feature is made.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Offline said:

My stored up suggestions for HALLOWEEN 2018 war paints are expiring 

If this site goes un-updated for this long then exceptions should be made 

We are not gonna be allowing anyone to price based on old sales in the current system, that would be plainly inaccurate. Would need a site feature change to suggest a backdated price. 

Archived