Has anyone been unable to play TF2 after the April 30th update?

Crescendo

I made a Steam Discussion thread about this but I figured I'd post this here.

After the newest TF2 update a few days ago, I can't open my game and load to the main menu without the game crashing on me. I've tried launch options, reinstalling and restarting the computer I'm on, deleting sound caches, deleting the autoconfig, disabling steam cloud sync, a custom hud and a custom config, etc. and nothing's worked. Is anyone having these issues like I am? If so, how did you fix them, if you fixed them? Keep in mind I'm also on a MAC so I'm not sure if the solutions for Windows computers applies to Mac computers. Any help would be extremely appreciated, thank you so much.

The one interesting thing was that I set my TF2 to the pre jungle inferno update beta, and that worked, but I couldn't join any games because it's an earlier version of the game. After setting it back to the most recent version of the game, I'm now having the same issues as before. I have no idea what to do and it sucks because I legitimately can't play TF2 at all. 

Game randomly tabs out for no reason (not crashes). Windowed mode did help with a lot of things but it's still broken af :P

On 5/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, Mr Furley said:

Play in windowed mode, that fixes a lot of problems 

Unfortunately that didn't work, I tried that. I even validated my TF2 files and tried again, still didn't work.

17 hours ago, lucco51 said:

Defo - windowed mode fixes a whole host of bugs.

I set the launch options for windowed and it didn't work, I even set my -w and -h to fairly small amounts too, still nothing.

13 hours ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Game randomly tabs out for no reason (not crashes). Windowed mode did help with a lot of things but it's still broken af :P

It's not a tab out issue for me, I literally can't load to the main menu without my game crashing and closing out on me, it sucks.

I tried -windowed and set my -w and -h to fairly small amounts as well as I said above, and still nothing.

Archived