help an absolute bot upgrade his pc (me)

Chilled Soda

my comp specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 880K 4GHz (Overclocked to 4.4GHz), 4 cores

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Memory: 16GB of DDR3 Memory running at 1600MHz

Storage: 1TB Hard Drive

Power Supply: 500W

I'm looking to upgrade my cpu and I'm wondering whats the best cpu that I can get that will go with this system to reduce the number of parts I have to buy, doesn't have to be the best of the best but i'm looking for a decent upgrade

will spend like 250 euro or so

ill give ppl keys if they provide decent help, ty

You should get a 250 or 500 GB SSD. That would help a lot. Ssd is like the best upgrade you can ever give your PC. I would try that before trying to replace your CPU. 

I'm not too sure on AMD processors, but I helped my friend build a ryzen PC recently. The problem with that is you would need CPU, Mobo, and ram.

1 hour ago, ThePickleCat said:

You should get a 250 or 500 GB SSD. That would help a lot. Ssd is like the best upgrade you can ever give your PC. I would try that before trying to replace your CPU. 

I'm not too sure on AMD processors, but I helped my friend build a ryzen PC recently. The problem with that is you would need CPU, Mobo, and ram.

yeah the main thing is I'm gonna try start streaming this summer and I want a better CPU for that

and yeah i'm just looking for the best cpu so I dont have to change my mobo or ram

yeah you should get an ssd, will defo make things run faster.  and probably upgrade your processor in the future. you will definitely see a difference once you upgrade to ryzen. im using a ryzen 5 1600, has 6 cores and it really suits my needs since i multi-task a lot. i can put on two games at the same time and have my cpu usage at less than 40%  i think 6 cores would really help you out if youre gonna be streaming. but if youre purely using it for gaming your graphics card is still good. a good budget processor is the ryzen 3 2200g. i recommend you to get this if youre tight on your budget. 

as long as ur card isnt above 1060/ rx 480 then there shouldn’t be a problem with bottlenecking. but yeah if you upgrade your processor you’d need to upgrade your mobo and your ram as well. you should buy a b350 mobo if you plan on upgrading it, as 350 mobos allows you to overclock and theyre not that expensive. minimum ram you’d need is 8gb for gaming, and you could just add more ram sticks if you need them in the future. i recommend you to get 2666mhz ram if you plan on upgrading to ryzen, (make sure that its dual memory!). you’ll really see a difference once you upgrade, i was running on an amd athlon as well a few years back. i spent a little over 1000 usd for my pc i can probably help you out if you need some advice 🙂 

6 hours ago, kohi.wav said:

im using a ryzen 5 1600, has 6 cores and it really suits my needs since i multi-task a lot. i can put on two games at the same time and have my cpu usage at less than 40%

@Chilled Soda

i totally recommend the AMD R5 1600X, its currently the cpu i use.
As you can see here, im running tf2, forza horizon 4, The Forest and Dirt Rally, 4 games that require good specs and im using "only" 61% of the cpu.
Note that all games are running in normal servers, not just with the menu oppened.
If you want a good cheap cpu in my opinion the AMD R5 is the best option here

3ffdb1ca2c1494898dbb935f4938d2c6.png
https://gyazo.com/3ffdb1ca2c1494898dbb935f4938d2c6

Archived