Your nickname's history

☿ Villagentè ☿

Hello community of backpack.tf !

I would like to ask how you guys came with the idea to name yourself with the nickname you have now. What is the history of it?What does it mean etc.

If you are not that lazy please answer. I would love to know the backround of your names :)

I needed a name for a shitty online video game in 2009 or so. It had to be 10 characters long. I just ate chicken (kip in Dutch) and had pudding for dessert. puddingkip sounds better than kippudding

So my current name sets together from the first syllable of a nickname we gave to my Lil' Sis ("Mutzel" or "Mutzelbear") and Mercy (but didn't want to just name myself Mercy because literally everyone expects you to have some association to Overwatch's Mercy and it's common af).

I could be more creative but most people know me as Mucy at this point so uh... kinda stuck with that.

While in college, my name was abbreviated from something else I used to use among some IRL friends. I used it as an online persona to minimize my online footprint, and to prevent potential employers or the worst the internet has to offer from tracking me down online. Searching "lava" on Google will not get you very much about who I am or where I live. Enough people used it and knew me by it (in person or online) that I stuck with it, and only use my real name in professional contexts or with family.

• Administrators

My husband (then boyfriend) was named Bigg Dogg on steam, and I got steam to play something with him, so I picked Teeny Tiny Cat cause I am unimaginative and I thought it was amusing. We had/have matching/mirroring names/avatars on other sites too. Some from before we met IRL.

13 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

My husband (then boyfriend) was named Bigg Dogg on steam, and I got steam to play something with him, so I picked Teeny Tiny Cat cause I am unimaginative and I thought it was amusing. We had/have matching/mirroring names/avatars on other sites too. Some from before we met IRL.

Does your husband still plays games with you or he found out you are better and left the gaming world? :v

1 hour ago, Lava said:

While in college, my name was abbreviated from something else I used to use among some IRL friends. I used it as an online persona to minimize my online footprint, and to prevent potential employers or the worst the internet has to offer from tracking me down online. Searching "lava" on Google will not get you very much about who I am or where I live. Enough people used it and knew me by it (in person or online) that I stuck with it, and only use my real name in professional contexts or with family.

I get you. I am like the opposite though. I wanted a name that does not exist and will leave a 'footrprint' behind. 

• Administrators
Just now, Villagentè ⌤ said:

Does your husband still plays games with you or he found out you are better and left the gaming world? :v

We play stuff. 

COD MW2 is one of the 1st multiplayer games I played online - back in 2009 when it released.  
I had a pirated version of the game with AlterIWnet's Online Crack with which me and my friends IRL used to play LAN. My name used to be CrazzyBoy007 back then and I used a lot of smoke grenades all the time to distract them or run away. Eventually, they all started calling me Noob-Smoke, Noob Smoker, etc and one day I just changed my name to SmokE. 

SmokE became SmokEy when I met https://steamcommunity.com/id/anwesharoses/ on TF2, she started calling me SmokEy 

That's it :P

41 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

COD MW2 is one of the 1st multiplayer games I played online - back in 2009 when it released.  
I had a pirated version of the game with AlterIWnet's Online Crack with which me and my friends IRL used to play LAN. My name used to be CrazzyBoy007 back then and I used a lot of smoke grenades all the time to distract them or run away. Eventually, they all started calling me Noob-Smoke, Noob Smoker, etc and one day I just changed my name to SmokE. 

SmokE became SmokEy when I met https://steamcommunity.com/id/anwesharoses/ on TF2, she started calling me SmokEy 

That's it :P

aww how cute... FOR A NOOB SMOKE !!1!

The Story of Mister WorldCast's Origin:

Genesis

Just a quick note, I don't remember what exactly happened in this era, so take what I said here in this section with a grain of salt.

It was the X grade, X School, 2009

I was at my classroom discovering an amazing game called Minecraft, it was in its early ages with simple block building but with full creativity. The game was in multiplayer test and  I fell in love with it so much I got a download of it in (didn't remember how to I got it. be honest) and played it out. I had such a different name back then I don't even remember my account. One day, in beta 1.7.3 I did everything I wanted in the game and just got bored of it, I decided to take a break from this early testing game and "Maybe I'll come back later"  I said

The Creation of the early name
In 2012, I saw Minecraft was exploding with new features and in its fullest form at the time, I decided to return for more. Unfortunately, I completely forgot my account details and couldn't get it back, I was shattered but I decided to make a new Minecraft account because It wasn't the account details that mattered, it was the memories I made. I didn't think of a clever name in the process of my account recreation so I called myself "SuperCoolGuy5678" because I was a COOL kid (ironic I know).

The spawn of "WorldCast"
As days, weeks, months went by, I didn't think of a name change until one day, a friend of mine that I will call Peter, for the sake of privacy,  mentioned a cool name idea session. Peter and I thought about it for a long time and I saw two objects, the Earth and a Cast figure they put on your leg or arm for bone breakages/fractures. Once I thought of those 2 objects a nanosecond in my brain nerves sparked something amazing that will come for future generations. I put the names together, the earth as "world" since it unifies in a synonym, and "cast" for the medical treatment they put on people. World and Cast were put together and on that day, my name "WorldCast" was born. Some say it was a coincidence that my name has meaning, "Casting the world together" -Anonymous, "Putting the world into healing as in one" - Anonymous"WorldCast as in it Casting the World"  -Anonymous in the TF2 Vatican City Unusual Trade Server. But deep down, it was that nanosecond of quick thought that put the puzzle together, very coincidental I would say. In October 2014,  as time went on in my Minecraft creativity, another friend of mine said he's playing an awesome game that's called Team Fortress 2, I took a look at it and even got steam with my awesome name and got hooked to it, but that's another story for another day.

Today

I will go on till this day as WorldCast and I never look back. The young me was intrigued that I made this name all because an old friend of mine had an idea that spawned my identity online. I may make this story seem dramatic but its what I saw throughout these days, my name does have an origin and it was damn amazing.

Thank you, "Peter", for leading up the moment; giving me the idea to make my name, my nickname that is. Respects to you bro.

In short of events:

2009-2012:  ???

2012: SuperCoolGuy5678

2012 - Present: WorldCast

Future: WorldCast?

Left 4 Dead was my first Steam game. As the opening loading screens for that game were made up to look like a movie poster, me and my friends decided to all name outselves after a bunch of B-listers. I picked Scott Bakula as I'm a sci-fi nerd and he was the lead for Star Trek Enterprise & Quantum Leap.

3 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Left 4 Dead was my first Steam game. As the opening loading screens for that game were made up to look like a movie poster, me and my friends decided to all name outselves after a bunch of B-listers. I picked Scott Bakula as I'm a sci-fi nerd and he was the lead for Star Trek Enterprise & Quantum Leap.

(Off topic question)

How you came with the idea to collect green fetti?

Well, I used to go by Dead Boom, pretty unimaginative, as a kid i was just obsessed with "Boom Headshot" from Meet the Sniper, and you know, when you boom headshot someone, they die. So it was Dead Boom (cause it sounds better then Boom Dead? I have no idea), and I didn't change it for years because thats how everyone knew me.

JayTee now, as it isn't the most original unfortunately takes two letters from my name (J.T) and expands on them, and idea from my sister, so JayTee is literally just JT (my initials), but expanded as separate words, JayTee.

imma try and start from first history.

honestly,i cant even remember my first nickname i put but i could remember my friend which was 'miley' with more words but forgot.i was about 13.

then it occurred to myself that i like diamonds cuz it was my favourite gem to be put on.

i had then started watching 'One Piece' anime and sometime later saw someone who had the power to be a diamond man, hence leading to this name

Back in Starcraft, I was into military ranks.  Tried to find a rank suitable. Private was too low and General was too high. I read on history class that the last Canadian soldier died in WW2 was a Corporal, so I chose that.

Lastly, I'm a fan of Star Fox 64.  So I chose fox.   Corporal fox, Corp.fox.  Had this name for over 20 years.

A few years ago I was real cringey and had my steam name "Otaku Gamer"
After a while I got a Steam friend who would constantly type out as fast as he can, messing up the spelling of "Otaku" and come out with things like "tOak" or "Tuka", eventually I mashed them together as "Tako" to make fun with him. I've really just stuck with that ever since.

Although very recently again, there was this meme of someone asking his friend if he was an "old taco", trying to say "Otaku" but having misheard it, and I just stole that.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311232904900509697/529921218326036490/facebook_1546386213436.png - here's the meme

Archived