Whats the easiest/cheapest way to level up on steam?

AwesomeMcCoolName

There was a website that had the cheapest card sets. CS:GO is the cheapest. Each card is 20 cents or so and there are five of them

There was a website that had the cheapest card sets. CS:GO is the cheapest. Each card is 20 cents or so and there are five of them

20 cents is the cheapest? I can go on the market and buy many cards for < 10 cents each...

20 cents is the cheapest? I can go on the market and buy many cards for < 10 cents each...

I'm assuming he means because you only need 5 cards vs. the 10 cent card you need more (guessing). 

• 10 months later...

Bumping this

http://steam.tools/cards/This is a valuable resource as it lists set per price and tells you what you already have which is very nice.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-ninja/iafjcapblconlangblamhojmlpbdebhn?hl=enThis is a great resource as after clicking the link on that first page you can just one-click to buy an entire set which saves an absolutely tremendous amount of time.

However, this is still expensive. I just spend $25 to go from 30 to 41. As your steam level goes up, so does the cost to go further, for two critical reasons.

1.) For every ten levels, it costs 100 more xp to jump a single level. At Steam 30 it costs 400xp to get to 31, however at Steam 40 it costs 500xp to get to 41. 

2.) Logically someone would start out buying cheaper cards, after these resources are exhausted the cost of a set goes up slightly, too.  

I would like to know if there's some cheaper way to buy cards/sets because $150+ to go from 40 to 100 is obviously quite a lot of money, and forget 200,300, or even 400.

Also, worth mentioning, as always, palmdesert, whose profile looks insane right now steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert

Anyone an expert on this stuff?

forums won't let me copy a link into the post box anymore :c  but google for steam card exchange, I used to use it along with the now dead bptf card exchange for getting what I needed.  also harass friends for cards they don't need :v

• 3 months later...

TF2 and GMOD have really cheap trading cards. Craft them. After that, I craft craft CS:GO ones as they are quite cheap and you don't need to collect a lot of them.

Archived