[Question] I have multiple , i am new to this field of digital art

the_007_remix

1) How to pick name ? that will be everywhere i will use and make a brand out of it in future , its soo hard to pick name :( ( i cant use my real name its very common )

2) Where to upload art ? the first thing come to my mind is deviant art but i see people post on other sites like carbonmade and chiness sites as well

3) Is it fair to copy people for practice / learn , not uploading it anywhere ( maybe shareing it with creator in dm on reddit , to get more tips out of them )

4) Can i make free art commision just for fun on sub reddits like this one ? or every sub reddit is different and i have to make sure if its allowed first

5) Incase let say i make different types of art like lietarlly multiples , how do i arange the profolio ? on let say if i use deviant art / instagragm / facebook like make folders and what not for it ? or just stick to one type ? sticking to one type is boring

6) Should i use minimilastic software first like paint tool sai before jump to industry standard photoshop , or go all in and just do photoshop from start to end

7) well i have kamvas pro 12 , my monitor actually is vga one by samsung 1366*178 res , the tablet on other hand goes 1080p i belive and has higher resolution sooo do i need to change monitor first ? is that urgent requirement ? or i can buy later along the line 

is it better to keep drawing and learning ( via tutorials ) or just learn first then dive in the rabbit hole ? learning part gets boring

RN my pc specs are

i7 3770 , 16 gb ram , sufficent storage space and also have ssd , and 1080 windforce gigabyte gpu

this sufficent for now ? cuz i dont have money to upgrade

copy pasterino of my reddit thread 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:57 PM, W+M1 said:

Thanks everyone for answering! I might just go for 3 keys for now and see if it will work, around 7 usd sounds like more than fair price

31 minutes ago, the_007_remix said:

1) How to pick name ? that will be everywhere i will use and make a brand out of it in future , its soo hard to pick name :( ( i cant use my real name its very common )

2) Where to upload art ? the first thing come to my mind is deviant art but i see people post on other sites like carbonmade and chiness sites as well

3) Is it fair to copy people for practice / learn , not uploading it anywhere ( maybe shareing it with creator in dm on reddit , to get more tips out of them )

4) Can i make free art commision just for fun on sub reddits like this one ? or every sub reddit is different and i have to make sure if its allowed first

5) Incase let say i make different types of art like lietarlly multiples , how do i arange the profolio ? on let say if i use deviant art / instagragm / facebook like make folders and what not for it ? or just stick to one type ? sticking to one type is boring

6) Should i use minimilastic software first like paint tool sai before jump to industry standard photoshop , or go all in and just do photoshop from start to end

7) well i have kamvas pro 12 , my monitor actually is vga one by samsung 1366*178 res , the tablet on other hand goes 1080p i belive and has higher resolution sooo do i need to change monitor first ? is that urgent requirement ? or i can buy later along the line 

is it better to keep drawing and learning ( via tutorials ) or just learn first then dive in the rabbit hole ? learning part gets boring

RN my pc specs are

i7 3770 , 16 gb ram , sufficent storage space and also have ssd , and 1080 windforce gigabyte gpu

1) I'd suggest try and think of something easy to remember, and unique, no need for fancy names (mine is example for bad name but there goes)

2)there's multiple sites you can try, these day I just stick to twitter, though, Pixiv, Deviantart, tumblr, and reddit works just fine?

3)copying to learn and not posting, yes, referencing is fine too, and as long as you don't go as far as tracing the piece and profit off of it then I think it's fine

4) free art are fine, if you're starting out, or make it for a friend or people you know as a practice, but at one point if you take digital art seriously you might consider pricing your work

5)you put them in different categories if the site allow

6) "minimalistic" software? I've seen people make Hella neat work with Sai and from my own experience from using both programs, Sai does wonder and I like the different brush settings, photoshop works just as fine, but comes with more filters and edit option I believe

Still, Sai is a decent program imo

7)I have no clue about pc and stuff, though i was using a 10y/o pc and a cheapo drawing tablet (easy pen) and it was fine

That's depends I guess, but if you can get a good equipment that's nice

8) this, again , is a different case for each person

For me I just draw stuff from eye, copy stuff from eye, I rarely ever watch tutorials , you think practice is boring? I mean you could just draw your friend stuff or character you like over and over but from different angle and style and that'd be a kind of practice imo

Idk what else to put eee

On 5/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, madgothicgirl said:

For me I just draw stuff from eye, copy stuff from eye, I rarely ever watch tutorials , you think practice is boring? I mean you could just draw your friend stuff or character you like over and over but from different angle and style and that'd be a kind of practice imo

so you are all self taught and have not followed any tutorials ? 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, the_007_remix said:

RN my pc specs are

For the first one, you want to think of something short + sweet. You dont want something like "MrGibusManPootis3000x". Make it one word, something like your nickname, if you have one, something that people will know you by.

Archived