How do you recover from a bad trade?

Huchick

I had just bought a Festive Knife for 1.27 keys (1 key 12.44 ref) because I thought it was a great deal. On classifieds, they were being bought for very low, but selling for 1.4, 1.65 then the rest 2 keys. I thought it was a great deal, but I've now just realised that there is a very low demand, and they sell for $2.20 on the market. I now realise this was probably a really stupid trade and I feel like an idiot.

How do I recover from this, or in general how do you recover from bad trades? With a small inventory, I struggle when I lose even small amounts.

More specifically on my situation, what should I keep pushing to sell this knife for?

One time I was looking at Strange PDAs, bots were buying and selling for like 16 keys. I bought one from a non bot for 14 keys. I try to take my time selling it. Next day and over the course of 2-3 days, it was back at around 12 keys. I was sad. :(

But fortunately, I love TF2 trading, so I just suck it up and move on!

By taking the loss and moving on.

As with any investment, you shouldn't tie up too much of your overall capital into a single piece as not only does it prevent you from taking other avenues of profit, but you are also much more impacted if the investment stalls or fails.

In any case though, you lost like 30 cents. It's literally not worth your time to be upset about.

Take the hit and keep going. Over the last few months I was close to 100 keys down from various bad buys I made after I'd stopped trading, so I sucked it up and made it back over the last couple of weeks. Any loss, no matter what size, is salvageable.

• 2 weeks later...

Make a worse trade than that and say 'oh the previous one wasn't that bad' 

Archived