Steam and it's trading

MajorNZ

It seems that Steam's trading has been going haywire recently and I am curious as to why this is. Does anyone know why? Been screwing me over so I need an answer as to why. Thanks.

Posted · Hidden by polar, February 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, February 9, 2014 - No reason given

The market "isn't going to shit." Markets are dynamic. Prices change. You have to adapt with them instead of crying about it. There are plenty of people who have no problem adapting and are doing better now than even before, even on unusuals. Buy the right unusuals and there is no problem at all selling them for pure.

The market "isn't going to shit." Markets are dynamic. Prices change. You have to adapt with them instead of crying about it. There are plenty of people who have no problem adapting and are doing better now than even before, even on unusuals. Buy the right unusuals and there is no problem at all selling them for pure.

I've got to be honest here: That reads like an automatic reply. This isn't a "KEYS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE" complaint. :P

I've got to be honest here: That reads like an automatic reply. This isn't a "KEYS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE" complaint. :P

My comment was actually less directed at the price of keys and more towards unusuals since I hear so many complaints about people having trouble selling their unusuals for pure. The key topic has been heavily discussed elsewhere, so I won't even go into that.

My comment was actually less directed at the price of keys and more towards unusuals since I hear so many complaints about people having trouble selling their unusuals for pure. The key topic has been heavily discussed elsewhere, so I won't even go into that.

No, I mean they were talking about Steam's trade window trading (I think), the trade errors from successful trade offers and such. :P

No, I mean they were talking about Steam's trade window trading (I think), the trade errors from successful trade offers and such. :P

Woops. I guess I've been having so many adds complaining about bp.tf that I automatically assume the worst.

Trade offers have gotten buggier (not even loading the trade offers page about 1/2 the time). Trading in the trade window has been terrible since Christmas and it's mostly due to steam insisting on a monolithic server architecture rather than a distributed system (mostly because distributed would require more work to ensure that multiple servers maintain correct copies of the item database). 

trade offers have always been shitty with the error messages

i believe trade offers fail as often as normal trades, just with trade offers you can just keep clicking accept till it works, while normal trading needs the retrades.

Archived