Rare Suggestion Case Studies

Payback

I was voting on a few suggestions recently when I noticed a pattern of uncommon situations. 

Although there are guides and rules out there to promote correct suggesting, they tend to be very broad and miss some important yet lesser-seen cases (which is expected, this guide is meant to touch more on nuances and specifics).

As they aren't documented anywhere, many suggesters either aren't aware or aren't fully knowledgeable of rarer situations when pricing. 

I collaborated with fishcrimes both this and the doc to make a comprehensive list of uncommon situations, some of which I've seen published time and time again more recently. 

Through this, we are trying to teach applications of more complex concepts, 
Give it a read if you're at all interested in contributing to the project or addressing a more difficult suggestion. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uy6WUPGGCHS5NAPvOmBY5kF4Bu906WzLK9ebJqZi0Rs/edit?usp=sharing

The doc is view only, but this is always open to comments. If you have ideas for categories/suggestions that could be used to expand this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

One debate j and I had over this was whether or not we create suggestions for the sake of the guide (example: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5cbaa429d381727488712113 ). J argued that it is a real situation in the sense that the sales are real and did happen. I argued that we shouldn't include it because the suggestion was fabricated for the sake of the guide and isn't an actual application of a concept in the field. I also argued that essential components such as votes and the debates that play out in the suggestion comments were missing. I'd like to know what you guys think and J, please let me know if I missed anything.

• Administrators

No, don't make suggestions that you know won't get accepted purely for the purpose of linking them here. :P

Otherwise, good work guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting just looking at the "Reselling for lower than original purchase" part, as I know that my suggestions have been countered with sales like this, even one recently was bought for 40 pure, resold to a bot for 21.1, no idea what happened there.

Then for some reason the 40 sale gets discredited cause of that...

Archived