An issue i noticed with the ''bots''.

Goliac

Around a week or two ago, i tried to sell my unusual to a bot, which is supposed to give me an instant trade if i offer the correct amount. But then i got added by the bot and it said it's going to have to do a background check about me to see if there's anything fishy with me. It took around 2 hours but it finally got accepted. But yesterday, a bot didn't accept accept my offer even after a couple of hours because it was busy doing a ''background check''... 

Is it even allowed to put up a buy order and not accept the trade it even if it's the correct amount? I hope it's not because this is purely price manipulation in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Goliac said:

Around a week or two ago, i tried to sell my unusual to a bot, which is supposed to give me an instant trade if i offer the correct amount. But then i got added by the bot and it said it's going to have to do a background check about me to see if there's anything fishy with me. It took around 2 hours but it finally got accepted. But yesterday, a bot didn't accept accept my offer even after a couple of hours because it was busy doing a ''background check''... 

Is it even allowed to put up a buy order and not accept the trade it even if it's the correct amount? I hope it's not because this is purely price manipulation in my opinion.

I fail to see the price manipulation in this issue. The bot accepted your offer, it just took longer than you'd like.

For bot.tf bots:

In case of trades with a value of 15 keys or more (sometimes even less, configurable by bot owner)
- All trades are held for manual review by the bot owner (these measures are in place since the 12th of May 2018), the trade partner is also submitted to bot.tf volunteers for manual background check (in case they know for sure it is not a scammer alt, the user is whitelisted and any following trades do not require manual background checks anymore).

You were added to this whitelist on the 5th of april, 2019. You shouldn't be having this issue with bot.tf bots unless steam is having issues.

10 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

I fail to see the price manipulation in this issue. The bot accepted your offer, it just took longer than you'd like.

For bot.tf bots:

In case of trades with a value of 15 keys or more (sometimes even less, configurable by bot owner)
- All trades are held for manual review by the bot owner (these measures are in place since the 12th of May 2018), the trade partner is also submitted to bot.tf volunteers for manual background check (in case they know for sure it is not a scammer alt, the user is whitelisted and any following trades do not require manual background checks anymore).

You were added to this whitelist on the 5th of april, 2019. You shouldn't be having this issue with bot.tf bots unless steam is having issues.

I called it price manipulation because my offer didn’t get accepted, not because it got accepted late (which is funny because it’s supposed to be instant). Making a buy order and not  staying faithful doesn’t seem right.

And no, i’m sure steam wasn’t experiencing any issues at that time. 

1 minute ago, Goliac said:

I called it price manipulation because my offer didn’t get accepted, not because it got accepted late (which is funny because it’s supposed to be instant). Making a buy order and not  staying faithful doesn’t seem right.

And no, i’m sure steam wasn’t experiencing any issues at that time. 

Sometimes you have to wait over half a day to trade with a user, be happy it only took 2 hours ;) 

3 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Sometimes you have to wait over half a day to trade with a user, be happy it only took 2 hours ;) 

I’m aware 2 hours isn’t that long but i think you’re missing my point. Bots were made to instantly trade. If it takes 2 hours to accept or even longer, then it’s not a bot and it shouldn’t have the lightning icon on it’s listings.

35 minutes ago, Goliac said:

I’m aware 2 hours isn’t that long but i think you’re missing my point. Bots were made to instantly trade. If it takes 2 hours to accept or even longer, then it’s not a bot and it shouldn’t have the lightning icon on it’s listings.

Not in the case of

There's no way to automate this without the occasional slip up and unfortunately there's no room for slip ups here, because that would get you banned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im a recent former bot.tf bot owner, owning WorldCast’s Little Helper

How it works is that when a user isnt whitelisted in the bots system (maybe because you didnt ever trade with one,) We have to do a background check on the user to see if its ok to trade with. The reason why it took so long for you is because the owner wasnt on at the time and got on 2 hours later after you sent the trade from the looks of it.

This is added to prevent unidentified scammers (potential scammers that arent marked/reported yet since the bot doesnt know), actual scammers who try to trade with the bot (that gets auto declined in most cases, ends up getting blacklisted) or users who probally never traded with bot.tf bots for example and wasnt whitelisted which we owners have to check.

If you have questions, you can always ask in their discord, link is located at their site. Hope this helps, Thanks

-WorldCast

Archived