Quick question about a scammer I found

abdaferka

So a week or so ago I was random added by a scammer who went through the whole "I'll pay double for your unusual just check it's value on (insert scam site here) and send me a screenshot of its full market value". The only thing is, I find these to be humorous to get added by due to their stupidity. It offers a fun break to delay a scammers plans and hopefully keep them from immediately moving to a new target. So I messed with him for 2 days before I finally let him know that I knew he was a scammer. The dude wouldn't unfriend me so I had an idea. I used something similar to grabify and sent him the link saying it was the screenshot of the details he wanted. Now I have this scammers IP address (he's from the phillipines) I just need to know if I should report the IP address to steamrep (if that is possible) or if there is a way to make sure this person can't just create a new account to scam people (the one he was using was labeled scammer on steamrep).

steamrep just deals with report if the user is scamming.if you have additional infos that might link to more of his alts,try telling that to steamrep but IP address and those kind of things might have to be personally dealt with steam themselves.it would e nice if you can find the actual scammer in IRL like getting his personal infos tho 99% scammers aren't that dumb.

37 minutes ago, goatofthesevenseasons said:

go to his house and spend the night and eat all of his food 

IPV4 doesnt give exact locations but tempting

14 hours ago, abdaferka said:

So a week or so ago I was random added by a scammer who went through the whole "I'll pay double for your unusual just check it's value on (insert scam site here) and send me a screenshot of its full market value". The only thing is, I find these to be humorous to get added by due to their stupidity. It offers a fun break to delay a scammers plans and hopefully keep them from immediately moving to a new target. So I messed with him for 2 days before I finally let him know that I knew he was a scammer. The dude wouldn't unfriend me so I had an idea. I used something similar to grabify and sent him the link saying it was the screenshot of the details he wanted. Now I have this scammers IP address (he's from the phillipines) I just need to know if I should report the IP address to steamrep (if that is possible) or if there is a way to make sure this person can't just create a new account to scam people (the one he was using was labeled scammer on steamrep).

Depending on the ISP. The IP can be changed really easily despite various people on here who have said otherwise , so its not an effective reporting tool. Also some websites that use clients/headers as way of obtaining IP can also be spoofed. Most ISPs in the UK renew your IP to a totally different one after the router is reset. Fixed IPs over here are generally for business users only.

Archived