What kind of political system does backpack.tf most resemble?

MC22

I'm not that great at politics, but I'm very interested in others' answers.

I thought it was like communism, more like Lenin's than Marx's.

-Everyone is practically equal, but have no power even as a whole

-There is a small group of commited people doing the real work

-we have a red army and are against a larger but weaker white army

But then I thought of Fascism

-our loyalty is to the nation (bp.tf)

-our individual gain should be ignored for the loyalty to the nations (aka no manipulation)

-extreme conservatism

Then I quickly realized these are the extreme left and right, so I must be wrong.

Thoughts and answers?

fascism and leninism are very close to each other in how they rule, just differ greatly in how they present it.

bp.tf is a modern western democracy. The people vote and think they have a say, but in reality a small group of corrupt people rule, decide and do all :P

It represents a third-party observer, not a political system since it has none of the powers actual governments have to regulate the economy. You're just perpetuating a fallacy made by most people by considering backpack.tf to be the government of TF2

It represents a third-party observer, not a political system since it has none of the powers actual governments have to regulate the economy. You're just perpetuating a fallacy made by most people by considering backpack.tf to be the government of TF2

governments don't control economies either. They influence them, and so does bp.tf thoughgovernments do so intentionally and bp.tf doesn't 

governments don't control economies either. They influence them, and so does bp.tf though governments do so intentionally and bp.tf doesn't

backpack.tf has no regulatory power over currencies. It cannot increase the metal or key supply to curve the increasing price of keys. It does not hoard certain items in order to protect them from losing value or, vice versa, release a previous stock of that item onto the market because the price is too high for consumers. It has none of the tools in the government's toolbox that are essential for governments to effectively regulate their economy for the benefit of their people.

Not to mention backpack.tf does not tax people for using the site and relies completely on ad revenue to maintain itself (possibly donations, too, but those seem to go to the moderators as a stipend).

You cannot talk about backpack.tf as a government since it was set up to be a third party observer that interactively involved the community with making sure the value of items in the economy were successfully tracked to the best of their abilities.

fascism and leninism are very close to each other in how they rule, just differ greatly in how they present it.

bp.tf is a modern western democracy. The people vote and think they have a say, but in reality a small group of corrupt people rule, decide and do all :P

im not agree that bp.tf is like a democracy because the mods accept/close suuggestion depending on the proof and not votes

bp.tf is like dictatorship because there is one person (brad pitt) that he is the administator of everything and the mods are the goverment

im not agree that bp.tf is like a democracy because the mods accept/close suuggestion depending on the proof and not votes

bp.tf is like dictatorship because there is one person (brad pitt) that he is the administator of everything and the mods are the goverment

Read again carefully, I said it was how the west uses democracy. Make the plebs think they have a say by voting and suggesting, then do what you want anyway

It would be a constitutional republic, like America used to be. There is a set of rules to follow. Everybody votes, but only the mod votes (the electoral college) really count. :P

Archived