Goodbye Dirk and Wade

JayTuut

Dirk Nowitizki and Dwayne Wade just played their last home game one the same day.

Dirk Nowitizki had most likely the greatest and most hard earned championship of all time with the Mavericks

And Dwayne Wade is most likely a top 3, if not top 4 SG (Jordan/Kobe/Wade or Jordan/Kobe/West/Wade, up to you) of all time. Most people say top 3 but forget Jerry West.

I am honestly more saddened by Dirk as he is such a great guy and I just loved him, though I will miss Wade as well, but... I don't know, Wade's was expected but Dirk's was sudden, he only JUST announced it on the last game he was retiring, no news from himself before-hand, so maybe thats why I'm more saddened (as Wade wanted a farewell tour but Dirk wanted it on the low) 

I will miss both of them so much, and it's just.... I feel like I'm growing old, basically every player drafted in the 1990's is out now (excluding Vince Carter, still going strong) and now the early 2000 legends are leaving (LeBron is one of the few legends from early 2000's still playing).

I don't know if many forumers follow basketball, but this is such a blessed but sad day, and when they play their last games tomorrow, it will be a sad day.

Other news that happened on this day:

• Jamal Crawford had 51 pts off the bench and just became the oldest player to drop 50 points at age 39 (Jordan's record).
  • Donovan Mitchell had 46. Detroit came back from down 22 to save their playoff hopes and screw over the Heat.
  • Paul George hit a cold blooded 3 pointer to steal the game from the Rockets and *potentially deprive them of the 2 seed.
  • Maurice Harkless hit a buzzer beater for the win against the Lakers potentially dropping the Rockets down to the 4 seed.
  • Anthony Davis wore a shirt which said "That's all, folks".
  • The Warriors will not have home court advantage in a finals match-up against the Bucks or Raptors.
  • Wade and Dirk just dropped 30 a piece for their final home games.
  • And Magic Johnson just fucking quit out of nowhere during an impromptu press conference.

Oh and also, they both just dropped 30 for their last home games. It's funny how close in some stats they are, they both also had long playoff battles (10', 11' 12' etc).

Sometimes it just boggles my mind to put time in perspective that Dirk is still playing, and he was a rookie when I was a junior in high school. I also have the same sentiment for Jaromir Jagr in the NHL. He was still playing up until last year, and his rookie year was in 1990, when I was 8, before probably 98% of you were even born. Just crazy how time flies. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, JayTee said:

Dirk Nowitizki and Dwayne Wade just played their last home game one the same day.

Reveal hidden contents

• Jamal Crawford had 51 pts off the bench and just became the oldest player to drop 50 points at age 39 (Jordan's record).
  • Donovan Mitchell had 46. Detroit came back from down 22 to save their playoff hopes and screw over the Heat.
  • Paul George hit a cold blooded 3 pointer to steal the game from the Rockets and *potentially deprive them of the 2 seed.
  • Maurice Harkless hit a buzzer beater for the win against the Lakers potentially dropping the Rockets down to the 4 seed.
  • The Warriors will not have home court advantage in a finals match-up against the Bucks or Raptors.
  • And Magic Johnson just fucking quit out of nowhere during an impromptu press conference.

Oh and also, they both just dropped 30 for their last home games. It's funny how close in some stats they are, they both also had long playoff battles (10', 11' 12' etc).

And both scored 30 points.

ILLUMINATI

1 hour ago, CrazY Mike said:

Is this a related tf2 thing? Not really also...

W h o ?

Have a look where this thread is posted
General Discussion>Sports

NBA players

It is really sad to see these legends retire, but the newer generation of players have really grown on me, and I'm sure future generations will as well. They both had pretty major impacts on the game, and I'd fully expect to see Dirk hang around the Mavs and get a front office role or something. Wade has his son who is a few years away, so I'm sure he'll still be around the league in some form as well.

11 hours ago, JayTee said:

Other news that happened on this day:

Hide contents

I see you are on reddit as well. Crazy day though, I still can't believe Jamal Crawford scored 51 out of nowhere, very well could be his final game. Magic Johnson quitting was surprising too, although I guess he doesn't want to deal with the mess or have to deal with the pressure of building a contender out of lebron and young guys/AD

6 hours ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

I see you are on reddit as well. Crazy day though, I still can't believe Jamal Crawford scored 51 out of nowhere, very well could be his final game. Magic Johnson quitting was surprising too, although I guess he doesn't want to deal with the mess or have to deal with the pressure of building a contender out of lebron and young guys/AD

Yes I am, also Magic said he couldn't deal with "Not being able to be himself" and stuff like the ben simmons situation hurt him cause he couldn't mentor players and just wanted to go back to his old lifestyle, he also was never in the office and etc and apparently Rob Pelinka teased him about that behind his back... So yeah weird stuff

12 hours ago, Budi said:

before probably 98% of you were even born.

Oof calling out all of the backpack.tf forums and discord

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

dirk nowitzki deserves to be talked in the goat conversation this man is sixth on the all time scoring list and wade along with lebron and bosh made one of the biggest 'big-three' in the 2010's 

Archived