What’s the best heavy minigun to use?

gemsticks

All of them.

Every weapon is a sidegrade and have situations where they will be at an advantage or disadvantage over their counterparts. In fact, learning these situations and being able to adjust your weapons loadout on the fly is an important part of becoming an advanced Tf2 player.

I generally suggest that rather than getting anything fancy, a player's first goal for their backpack is to get one of every weapon (not counting reskins) as a basic unique. That way, they've got access to the full gambit of playstyles and loadouts available to them, allowing them to freely experiment and figure out what really clicks with them. After that, then you should take the most used ones and start upgrading them to things like skins, stranges, and/or killstreaks.

8 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

All of them.

Every weapon is a sidegrade and have situations where they will be at an advantage or disadvantage over their counterparts. In fact, learning these situations and being able to adjust your weapons loadout on the fly is an important part of becoming an advanced Tf2 player.

I generally suggest that rather than getting anything fancy, a player's first goal for their backpack is to get one of every weapon (not counting reskins) as a basic unique. That way, they've got access to the full gambit of playstyles and loadouts available to them, allowing them to freely experiment and figure out what really clicks with them. After that, then you should take the most used ones and start upgrading them to things like skins, stranges, and/or killstreaks.

So basically what I did with medic.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Tomi for longer ranges and pesky frenchmen harassing you and your medic, or if you want to silently rev up as to not give up your position.

Brass beast is pretty underwhelming but it's useful if the enemy is pretty bad and has no snipers/spies.

Natascha if you hate scouts and rocket jumping soldiers/ stickyjumping demo's.

Huo long is also underwhelming but useful in close quarters combat and if teaming up with a pyro.

Stock is always great.

They're all very usable, for sure.

I'd argue stock is probably the best if you intend on perma-picking a single gun, I love the Tomislav but the crowd control potential of stock cannot be underestimated. But I wouldn't recommend playing Heavy like that, I can often get good use out of the Stock, Tomi, BB and Natascha in a single game. Shifting your playstyle is a must if you don't want to get stomped in any decent game.

I wouldn't recommend the Huo-Long Heater though, just being more aware with any other Minigun will yield better results.

I prefer stock simply because I think it looks better compared to the Tomislav (counting for all versions; Australium/Festivized/Unusuals/Decorated). [Iron Curtain <3]

I don't even look at the Huo-Long Heater / Brass Beast or Natascha, I do not like using them.

To sum this up use what ever you feel is best for you. You got lucky dat this didnt turn into a stock is better than tomi or tomi better than stock kinda arguement.. cause dat is a disccusion dat keeps going for hours if both sides dont know anything about prefrence, take it from me i got like 6 seasons of comp heavy and i had my fair share of teams just shouting at me to use this, dat, such and so onn but ehhh yea.... STOCK IS BETTER THAN TOMI YaaaYEEETTTTTT

• 4 weeks later...

Stock if its a close quarters map. Maps with longer ranges and more open areas means the tomi may fare better. Natascha's good for scouts and rocket jumping soldiers. Brass beast isn't really good. Like, at all. Huo Long is good for defending a point if you've got an engi to put his dispenser on the edge of the point. There's no "best" gun. It depends on your situation. Except the brass beast. That gun can go to hell.

The big stocc

Tomislav loses at close range to any stock heavy, huo long chew ammo too fast, natascha's damage and spin time penalty makes It a more "sidegradey but a bit worse sidegrade" brass beast is self explanatory

Archived