Next buff

F  CHARLIE

Given Valves approach of altering current weapons instead of introducing new one. Whats the next weapon/s to be buffed/changed?

If you want to mention what the change will be, go ahead.

Black Box. Loch N Load.  Your Eternal Reward. Huo Long Heater Flying Guillotine.  Ubersaw.  Sharpened Volcano Fragment. Dead Ringer.  Spy-Cicle. Candy Cane. Neon Annihilator. Brass Beast.

• Administrators

Pan needs nerf really bad. Valve is paying too much attention in buffing rather than nerfing...

Buff...

Tomislav

Cloak and Dagger.

They just ignore this item and the most underused/known watch.

No buffs or nerfs for the past 4+ years.

I actually see this used more than the stock watch

• Administrators

Cloak and Dagger.

People do use it. Including myself I main spy, but never speak of it. But yeah, they do need to do somethin with it at least.  :P

Cloak and Dagger.

In higher level play, all spies use the C+D

Really? I thought they all use invis watch + occasional l'etranger. 

Its pretty common. Only real reason you might see the Invis and Dead Ringer more is because there are strange versions and people tend to use whatever they have that's in strange quality over unique ones.

I would love to see some buffs that give heavy more variety, because right now, only the default minigun is competitively viable, and the shotguns are so much worse than the sandvich it's hilarious. The GRU and fists of steel are both good, but all the rest of the melee weps for heavy are really only good for messing around, which is sad because most have potential.

My list of things most likely to get changed.

Scout

Sun-on-a-stick: Because its only useful in 1 situation and nobody uses it. Only idea I came up with is make it ignite your enemies on contact and deal minicrits while they're on fire, with no random crits.

Atomizer/Soda Popper: Either completely retool the Atomizer or revert the Soda Popper to its original form.

Soldier

Equalizer/Esecape plan: Because Valve hates these weapons and will likely nerf them into oblivion

Pyro

Detonator: Complete retooling. Nobody uses the flare jump feature, and the flare gun is better.

Flare gun: Might be nerf to minicrits depending on changes to the Detonator

3rd Degree and Volcano Fragment: Slight to massive buffs. Nobody uses them for a good reason. No clue how they'd change them.

Homewrecker/Neon: Too similar in roles with the Neon being worse. One of them needs to be retooled.

Demo

Claidheamh Mor: Who even uses this? Needs a complete retooling since it's basically a crap version of the Eyelander which bonuses are usess if you aren't demoknighting or you get 1-2 kills with the Eyelander.

Heavy

The Black Market Business Set: Everything about this set is useless. The bonuses don't outway their drawbacks. Only time you might beat someone in a fair 1 v 1 is the Steel Fist vs Eviction Notice.

Engie

IDK. Maybe the Short Circuit since they can't seem to leave it alone now.

Medic

Overdose: The buff is only useful in 1 situation. You're at full uber and for whatever reason are no where near the objective with no teleports. So its basically useless compared to the Blutsauger and Crossbow.

Solemn Vow: Who even uses this besides people that only have this and the bonesaw?

Sniper

Shahanshah: Only situation its useful in can be done with the more popular Jarate + Bushwacka combo.

Spy

Big Earner: 100% useless since you gain invis meter when you kill someone and pick up their weapon. Needs complete retooling.

In higher level play, all spies use the C+D

Yes and no. When a more recon role is required (first point of Payloads, A/D maps, etc.) then they'll use the C&D. For a more pick related role, they'll alternate betwen DR and Invis. Depends on the Spychecking tendencies of the opponent's Pyro, too.

As for the thread's question: something that really doesn't need it but will get a buff anyways because of Valve's usage statistics. Also, they really just need to admit they made a mistake with the Short Circuit and return it to it's original state instead of trying to fix it over and over again.

I just wish they'd nerf and buff weapons based on how it's used in comp, instead of pubs/MVM. I'm clearly just dreaming on that one, though.

EDIT:

Overdose: The buff is only useful in 1 situation. You're at full uber and for whatever reason are no where near the objective with no teleports. So its basically useless compared to the Blutsauger and Crossbow.

lol. The purpose of the speed increase is to retreat with a higher Uber percentage, not to more readily engage. As a Med main, it doesn't need a buff at all, but I'd gladly take it (still prefer the Crossbow though, burst healing OP).

Black Box. Loch N Load.  Your Eternal Reward. Huo Long Heater Flying Guillotine.  Ubersaw.  Sharpened Volcano Fragment. Dead Ringer.  Spy-Cicle. Candy Cane. Neon Annihilator. Brass Beast.

Loch - yes, fragment - yes. I think the rest r ok as they do have situational usage are r otherwise ok.

I would love to see some buffs that give heavy more variety, because right now, only the default minigun is competitively viable, and the shotguns are so much worse than the sandvich it's hilarious. The GRU and fists of steel are both good, but all the rest of the melee weps for heavy are really only good for messing around, which is sad because most have potential.

The shotgun is very solid. Its only way for heavy to have midrange agile combat or agile combat at all. I would like it to be a little more powerful but you have to have it when shooting on the run.

My list of things most likely to get changed.

Scout

Atomizer/Soda Popper: Either completely retool the Atomizer or revert the Soda Popper to its original form.

Heavy

The Black Market Business Set: Everything about this set is useless. The bonuses don't outway their drawbacks. Only time you might beat someone in a fair 1 v 1 is the Steel Fist vs Eviction Notice.

Medic

The Atomizer needs a regular damage rate, I can't kill shit unless I hit them 5 times or I do an amazing taunt kill. No seriously, half my strange atomizer kills are from taunt kills.

I like the Eviction notice. A fun thing to do is go in MvM, buff the attack speed, get resistance, get a medic, and use a crit canteen for maximum lulz. It's pretty good in boxing fights as well.

Overdose is good. Let's say you're about to uber your heavy but then he gets crit shot or hunstman. The enemy doesn't know you're there so you use your Overdose and GTFO. Blatsauger is terrible since it decreases your healing rate, which you really need, so it's mainly useful for battle medics. The Crossbow is for people who want to heal without running and are good no-scoping as sniper. 

Overdose is the sexiest out of all of them though.

Loch - yes, fragment - yes. I think the rest r ok as they do have situational usage are r otherwise ok.

The shotgun is very solid. Its only way for heavy to have midrange agile combat or agile combat at all. I would like it to be a little more powerful but you have to have it when shooting on the run.

How would the Loch need to be changed? Its pretty balanced as is.

Scout

Sun-on-a-stick: Because its only useful in 1 situation and nobody uses it. Only idea I came up with is make it ignite your enemies on contact and deal minicrits while they're on fire, with no random crits.

For the Sun on the Stick, I'd say give it a rechargeable alt-fire where it lobs a small fireball that does negligible damage itself, but ignites them as if they were hit by a Degreaser.

Archived