Possible scam site?

BOYO_1

Recently got contacted by someone who is promoting their "trade" website. After briefly glancing at it, it looked similar to tf2hunt, which I have heard of before. I have never been a part of these types of websites before, and this particular individual wanted me to help plug the site by including a little blurb about it on my steam profile. He told me in a message that he would "pay me" every week with TF items. Sounds a little fishy to me, but since I am not an expert of these sorts of things, I thought I should mention it here so people who are not dummies like me can suggest what I should do.

Appreciate the help!

Most certainly some sort of a scam website. This is quite common actually, the site is likely rigged and/or you simply don't get your profits paid out. 

I'd block them.

17 hours ago, BOYO_1 said:

Recently got contacted by someone who is promoting their "trade" website. After briefly glancing at it, it looked similar to tf2hunt, which I have heard of before. I have never been a part of these types of websites before, and this particular individual wanted me to help plug the site by including a little blurb about it on my steam profile. He told me in a message that he would "pay me" every week with TF items. Sounds a little fishy to me, but since I am not an expert of these sorts of things, I thought I should mention it here so people who are not dummies like me can suggest what I should do.

Appreciate the help!

goto a website called htttp://whois.sc/PUTWEBSITENAMEHERE.COM

The odds are the information it will show is that its a relatively new domain run by russians. Two very clear flags to not even bother entering partnership by advertising for them.

Archived