Why do people constantly hit “dislike” on every comment in a suggestion thread?

Infernape

I read through a bunch of discussions and theres usually -5 to -10 on every single comment in the thread, why is this site so quick to ruin other people’s reputation points. I know its a small margin, but I’m still curious as to why people do it

I noticed this. It has been a somewhat recent thing since I have been back. When I stopped it was only when someone said stupid shit really or what people didn't agree with. Now its just, now you get a dislike, you get a dislike, DISLIKES FOR EVERYONE!

12 hours ago, Infernape said:

I read through a bunch of discussions and theres usually -5 to -10 on every single comment in the thread, why is this site so quick to ruin other people’s reputation points. I know its a small margin, but I’m still curious as to why people do it

a lot of the time the comments most disliked are 'congrats on the sale' or 'looks good upvoting'. comments that aren't necessary. i dislike them ones too. it's a price suggestion not a forum or a debate room. anything that doesn't specifically need to be there in order to have the suggestion pass or fail shouldn't be there. ya know? then I think people just began disliking everything certain people said whether it was informative or not because they spam comments all the time. now there's a whole movement that dislikes. in reality mods who should have been warning and removing unneeded comments have created this situation because of their inaction, because they're too busy banning for bits of cheeky humor in forum comments. that's how I perceive things anyways and this is just my 2 cents

1 hour ago, Vagisil said:

People who play this game are all narcissistic assholes. I’d expect nothing else.

says the guy with Vagasil as his steam name lol

It's okay, anyone who dislikes comments for no good reason, we can just send their steam profiles to Aldi so an  e l i t e  group of gamers can come and take them down during their TF2 sessions.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

a lot of the time the comments most disliked are 'congrats on the sale' or 'looks good upvoting'. comments that aren't necessary. i dislike them ones too. it's a price suggestion not a forum or a debate room. anything that doesn't specifically need to be there in order to have the suggestion pass or fail shouldn't be there. ya know? then I think people just began disliking everything certain people said whether it was informative or not because they spam comments all the time. now there's a whole movement that dislikes. in reality mods who should have been warning and removing unneeded comments have created this situation because of their inaction, because they're too busy banning for bits of cheeky humor in forum comments. that's how I perceive things anyways and this is just my 2 cents

Yeah, making sure people don't post "looks good upvoting" on the occasional suggestion is WAY more important. I should just shut down the report section entirely and devote all my mods to making sure people don't post comments that hurt nobody and influence nothing.

• Administrators

Yeah that took me at least a good 12 hours to think up. Basically spent my entire day on it. 

Archived