New scam out there (I think)

AspectQuote

I was just scammed, and I reported whom scammed me. 

So, this guy messages me to trade for my unusual, and he offers a strange festive scattergun with 8 keys and 20 ref, and I’m like, good deal m8! (It was for a clairvoyance murderers motif) so I accept it, and the scattergun is actually a normal festive scattergun worth about 15 ref! Like what?!?! The scammer has been reported now, so no witch hunting, so I’m down like 12 keys now, about %60 of my backpack’s worth, so just watch out, that’s pretty dangerous. Hope this helps you.

item misrepresentation was common in csgo also with exterior of items. thought you fell for the festive items that were actually festivized, but this sucks just as much.

10 minutes ago, olifur said:

thought you fell for the festive items that were actually festivized,

That is what he fell for. He got a festivized scattergun thinking it was a festive one.

16 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

That is what he fell for. He got a festivized scattergun thinking it was a festive one.

His post implies he fell for item border , like unique instead of strange, but I know what you mean. I encountered that early on.

Big oof,that is a Strange Festivized Scattergun. And this kind of scam method is not new anymore,there is a guy recieved with over -100 trusts on bp.tf for trying this kind of scam method

Quite common technique. I have this guy, Dr.Bogdasik or somethin  who has a memory of a peanut that keeps sending me these kind of offers even after calling him out on it.

2 hours ago, AspectQuote said:

Do not try to donate if you feel bad, I would like to get my unusual back.

sorry but you wont get it back.most scammers who wont have remorse usually use these kind of scams like normal impersonators.the only thing you can hope is if karma strikes to him and that something bad happens to him

That sucks but like Speshimen said he does have a lot of negative rep. This one's is kinda on you for not doing the first things a trader should do when trading.

For next time, do this:

- Put “comment why you’re adding me before adding” in your profile on the top. 99/100 scammers can’t read. Decline all who don’t comment

- If someone comments and adds you, go to their profile, right click, copy page url and post it to steam rep in their search bar. Click the link to their backpage tf page if their steam rep is clean. Check the trusts and inventory.

- Small inventory, low hours in tf2, obvious low level = decline

3 hours ago, Infernape said:

For next time, do this:

- Put “comment why you’re adding me before adding” in your profile on the top. 99/100 scammers can’t read. Decline all who don’t comment

- If someone comments and adds you, go to their profile, right click, copy page url and post it to steam rep in their search bar. Click the link to their backpage tf page if their steam rep is clean. Check the trusts and inventory.

- Small inventory, low hours in tf2, obvious low level = decline

My issue with the first one is traders can't read sometimes too, and this doesnt stop trade offers.

Archived