[RESOLVED] Strange Minigun: Australium or skin? And which skin?

Lightning Gunne

Looking to build the ultimate Strange Stock Minigun to use with my Heavy loadout in both PvP and MvM (the latter of which I play a lot of). I'll most likely start off by applying the Robots Destroyed and Giant Robots Destroyed parts onto it first (unless the one I end up buying already has either of those).

Now on to the question: Should I get an Australium Minigun or a (good FN/MW) skin? And if you say skin, which skins would you recommend?

Bonus question: What do you recommend for the third strange part that I apply to it, aimed towards PvP?

Edit: I failed to realize the importance of my cosmetic loadout in this issue. Here it is: Purity Fist, Bolshevik Biker (might look for a better jacket to replace it), Deus Specs.

[Attached file removed]

Edit 2: Resolved. Got a Strange FN Kill Covered; choosing Domination Kills as the third part.

the factory new dragonslayer minigun looks very much like an aussie but with some nice detailing. sadly there is no strange variant so unsure if you can apply parts to it :(

1. Ghost Town is nice. A little pricey though, you may want to also try Kill Covered.

2. Airborne players killed, or something around those lines. It’s fun to gun down rocket jumping soldiers.

Might just be me, but I find Botkillers to be real nice. Cheapest with a Pro KS too, which is a plus.

Also, Damage Dealt is a fantastic part for a minigun.

26 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

the factory new dragonslayer minigun looks very much like an aussie but with some nice detailing. sadly there is no strange variant so unsure if you can apply parts to it :(

Bummer indeed. Any other skins you'd recommend?

It depends on your cosmetic loadout. Having a nice skin or aussie is great and all, but if it doesn't complement everything else, then it just comes across as haphazard and uncaring.

Though, if you really want an "ultimate" stock strange minigun, embark on a quest to build a Strange Factory New War Room or Top Shelf Minigun. It'll only set you back a few grand.

I bought me a Strange Fac New Damascus and Mahogany Minigun, because I was going for a Western loadout. Skins like that and Iron Wood look really good imo. 

The Aussie minigun might end up being cheaper than a commando grade and up strange fac new skin. But skins can be a great way to customize a loadout and create a theme. 

Get ya self a rare one like a Strange unique, or I think even a strange normal exists. Absurdly rare and almost impossible to find up for sale but if you're going for "the ultimate" that would be a way to do it.

Can we get a screenshot of your heavy loadout? This is something that is entirely dependent on whether it compliments the loadout IMO

On 3/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, KERPKEK said:

Can we get a screenshot of your heavy loadout? This is something that is entirely dependent on whether it compliments the loadout IMO

Here.

[Attached file removed]

Purity Fist, Bolshevik Biker (might look for a better jacket to replace it), Deus Specs.

(removed the weapon to make everything else more visible)

There are a few good options there. I think the following would match well with that loadout: 

Freedom wrapped 

Kill covered

Night owl

Woodsy widowmaker

Dead reckoner

Hazard warning 

Damascus & mahogany 

Electroshocked 

Personally I'd go with Kill Covered above all, best thing about it is that whichever wear you go for it looks great.
Other suggestions include:
-Butcher Bird
-Damascus + Mahogany
-Coffin Nail
-Mister Cuddles/Dream Piped/Dovetailed (hahahahaha)

As for the 3rd part I'd probably go with Players Dominated... To me miniguns are kind of a hard one to put parts on. I feel like the point of having strange parts for pvp is to show that you can get things done with whatever you're putting it on.
Say for example people putting damage dealt on things other than a crusader's crossbow (paired with an allied healing done part) seems a bit pointless to me because how do we know the damage was not just you walking into the enemy team with your minigun spun up and then getting about 200 random damage across 3 different enemies then you get your arse handed to you for doing something dumb? It just ends up becoming a ridiculously large number that doesn't mean anything, I don't think anyone can really compare your damage dealt vs kill count to work out if you're any good at actually finishing people off. 

Archived