Unusual Miscs

Shovel the 3rd

Hey,i have questions about Unusual miscs many people ssid they cant be unboxed anymore and others say in some spezific crates and if its true in which? 

no. you can't unbox unusual miscs anymore. not for years now. captain space mann is the only unboxable anymore, but haven't seen any 1st 2nd or 3rd gen effects even on them yet so maybe they can't even be anymore??

7 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

no. you can't unbox unusual miscs anymore. not for years now. captain space mann is the only unboxable anymore, but haven't seen any 1st 2nd or 3rd gen effects even on them yet so maybe they can't even be anymore??

im kinda confused too. can you unbox an unusual captain space mann in the year of 2019?

im pretty sure you can still unbox unusual misc..although mine was quite sometime ago,i unboxed a frostbite brainiac hairpiece in 2016

4 minutes ago, Keks said:

im kinda confused too. can you unbox an unusual captain space mann in the year of 2019?

I'd say it's pretty safe to assume no, with how many of those cases get unboxed by people going for Nebula Translators, one would have popped up in the 1.5 years since they changed the case effect rotation.

5 minutes ago, SkengKai/Dan said:

I'd say it's pretty safe to assume no, with how many of those cases get unboxed by people going for Nebula Translators, one would have popped up in the 1.5 years since they changed the case effect rotation.

aight, thanks

25 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

Really? Not even Master's Yellow Belts? 🤔

40 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

im pretty sure you can still unbox unusual misc..although mine was quite sometime ago,i unboxed a frostbite brainiac hairpiece in 2016

must have been prior to July 7,2016

It's not possible to unbox the unusual miscs anymore, since the introduction of the keyless class crates in 2016.

Prior to that all miscs that could be unusual were, at some point in their past, hat cosmetics instead. They were later moved to a different equip region once more loadout slots got added.

I assume for the purpose of unboxing they were still labelled hats at that point in time.

With the introduction of the keyless crates, valve likely got around to changing that attribute it so there wouldnt be any more, technically faulty, unusual unboxings
The spacemann i persume got the same fix once the global effect list got introduced during Jungle Inferno. 

Valve just isn't interested in keeping the unusual miscs a thing it seems :P

1 hour ago, Tobbby92 said:

The only „miscs“ you can unbox today are the glitched miscs like the gauzed gaze or the blast defense. 

and whirly warrior and the knight helmet for scout

I might be wrong but u still can unbox old crates(not cases) and get unusual miscs and hats like tc?

1 hour ago, Andrei#Ukrainian said:

I might be wrong but u still can unbox old crates(not cases) and get unusual miscs and hats like tc?

Tc yes, misc no. 

1 hour ago, Alecto said:

If I'm not mistaken TC is retired and can't be unboxed anymore

TC's can still be unboxed. However they are rarely unboxed, as people dont use those crates.

14 hours ago, Alecto said:

If I'm not mistaken TC is retired and can't be unboxed anymore

its still unboxable from mann co supply crates only.it can be any numbers.

also to answer op's question,i do remember someone who unboxed a steaming antlers from the multi/all-class unlocked crates so im pretty sure its unboxable for miscs

Archived