Is there an alternative to SIH's trade offer notification feature?

BlazingParte

Hi there, I've been using the old version of Steam Inventory Helper (SIH) for many months/years. I've only really ever used it because of the trade offer notification popup with the chime. I find this feature really handy for hearing out for when trade offers come in. However, recently the feature has suddenly stopped working and I no longer get a notification popup or sound whenever I receive a trade offer. Is there a way to fix this problem with SIH or is there an alternate extension/script I could use to notify me for when I receive a trade offer (one with a chime and popup - alike to SIH)?

Also, before anyone says anything. Yes, I know SIH has some shady scripts. Hence, why I use the older versions of SIH.

Notes:

- I was and have only used SIH version 1.11.4.2 - which is the latest version of SIH before it got updated with those shady scripts.

- Without the notifications working properly, bots have been cucking me out of many trade offers already and it is giving me the big sad

While I am at the computer, I never lost any trades to bots because of SIH. It would check for trade offers regularly so I didn't have to spend every few minutes checking for trades because it would always make an extremely loud chime to notify me of any new trade offers while I am doing other things. Whenever I did get a notification from it, I rushed to see what the trade offer was and accepted it if it was to my liking. Without SIH, I have to now manually check steam for trade offers and this has resulted in me either missing trade offers completely or having items become unavailable while I am in the middle of checking and accepting the trade. When I had SIH, I never had this problem because it was usually much faster than the bots.

11 minutes ago, BlazingParte said:

Without SIH, I have to now manually check steam for trade offers and this has resulted in me either missing trade offers completely or having items become unavailable while I am in the middle of checking and accepting the trade. When I had SIH, I never had this problem because it was usually much faster than the bots.

Yep, just like the rest of us peasants. 

Seriously though, don't use SIH, not worth it.

Using the old version of SIH was pretty safe though and made things a lot easier. If it can't be fixed or I can't find an alternative, I guess I will have to give up on this 😕

This doesnt have a notification, but its pretty good. Could probably ask around to see if someone could update his script to include notifications? Maybe Julia has a notification one?

Thanks for the script, but I already use that one (it's really handy 👍). I've been meaning to ask Julia about this issue because I imagine she'd good with this kind of stuff. However, I have been holding it off in case someone knew about an extension which already does this and so I could save some money.

• BlazingParte locked this topic

Archived