Snagged some keys, lost on how to proceed.

FoxyGrandpa260

Howdy everyone!

I'm one of many who have started trading again and have worked my way up to 12 keys pure in my backpack. My problem is that I'm not sure where I should go next? I tried looking at low-tier unusual but most buy orders are always much lower than the sell orders which puts me off from trying to resell.

I'm just wondering if there's any tips anybody could shoot me to try and turn a profit..

Thanks!

Spells aren't a bad idea. It's not hard to make a buck flipping spells, especially nice spells like Spectral Spectrum, Rotten Orange Footprints, the like. Join the discord if you wanna learn more about effective spell trading: https://discord.gg/prXhX7m

Spells are usually much cheaper to get into than unusual trading - perfect for someone with 5-30 keys. 

Spells can be a pain to sell, given that there is a low demand for them. They can be hard to sell. What I would do is go on to an Unusual trading server (Vatican, Firepowered) and advertise that you are buying quicksells. You can also check to see if people are advertising a quicksell on the server, and check the price that they are advertising versus the backpack price.

I strongly recommend getting more keys. Personal experience, low-tier trading is like a vicious circle;took me months to get rid of them without losing.

Alright so I bit the bullet and got a couple more keys, now sitting around 25 keys pure. I'll try and look for some decent quicksells, anything I should know specifically in regards to traps or dealing with bots etc?

Thanks for the help I really do appreciate it!

5 hours ago, ʀɛզʊɨɛʍ said:

Spells can be a pain to sell, given that there is a low demand for them. They can be hard to sell. What I would do is go on to an Unusual trading server (Vatican, Firepowered) and advertise that you are buying quicksells. You can also check to see if people are advertising a quicksell on the server, and check the price that they are advertising versus the backpack price.

They can be hard to sell. I've had decent luck with Spectral stuff though. As long as you don't go buying Corpse Gray Footprints on a cheap misc for twice classifieds price, and you advertise well, it's a pretty decent gig. It's better than investing all your keys in a crappy low-tier unusual that no one wants. 

I went on vatican and adverted that I was buying cheap unusuals, I then gave my price range (10-13 keys) and within 2 minutes I had 4 trader offers sent.

This is a good way to get trades

I am on the same boat currently, stuck with two unusuals and trying to sell them...even vatican and other servers are a pain to sell stuff. Buying with pure is still easier but selling the unusual is tough.

1 hour ago, Rakaksha said:

I am on the same boat currently, stuck with two unusuals and trying to sell them...even vatican and other servers are a pain to sell stuff. Buying with pure is still easier but selling the unusual is tough.

Yeah, sometimes you need full week or even more to find buyer for your hat but patience is key.   :) 

Archived