How to Do Some Stuff With The Backpack.tf API?

8BitFenix

Im having some trouble using the API, I cant find a way to search for a single item, as if I try searching this: https://backpack.tf/api/classifieds/search/v1?key=mykey&item=camera+beard then I get other items with beard and camera in the name such as the bearded bombardier. Another issue is that I cant find a way to specify what paint to search for, or how to see what color the item is painted. Lastly, I haven't found a way to remove skins, war paints, and festive/festivized items from the listings, I can do it with australiums and killstreak tiers, just not these.

Thanks, but I cant find parameters for no paint, or skins/war paints and festive/festivized items, and how to make it so that when I search for an item, I only get that particular item and not items with part of the name.

If you add quality=6 it means it's unique, so that doesnt have anyy skins. if Festive/Festivized is not in the name, it wont show it. Paint you'll have to filter out manually from the response, and make sure you spell the name correctly, including capitalization (Camera Beard instead of camera beard)

4 hours ago, poespas said:

is there anyway to get more than one item information per call? like two items with the same quaility and every other parameters?

So I followed your directions, and it did help sort out the festive and the war paint issue, but even if I put in item=Scattergun, festivized ones still show up. and what do you mean by manually removing painted items?

Archived