Low Tier or High Tier hats easier for making profit?

aSmallGreenDot

I have a bunch of keys and I wanna buy quicksells, would it be easier to make profit by buying low tiers like below 30 keys? Or high tiers like above 100 keys? Or somewhere in between? 

Cheap hat=lower risk=lower profit 

Expensive hat=higher risk=higher profit

This is not always the case, its just opinion. 

You need to use common sense and find good deals for you. 

Effects are also important and classes. 

All class, soldier and scout unusuals are always easier for sale.

High tier effects like: Nebula, PE, GE, Sunbeams, Burning Flames etc. 

are more desirable but its all based on personal opinion. 

Here you can find people with more experience and they can tell you more.

I am still learning but i now some basic things as you can see.

Good luck with your trades!  :) 

14 minutes ago, flirganovski said:

PE, GE, Sunbeams, Burning Flames

Nope. Those effects sell quite bad nowadays, Old Halloweens have the best sellability.

16 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Nope. Those effects sell quite bad nowadays, Old Halloweens have the best sellability.

Yeah Old Halloweens are best now but PE, GE etc. are always better than some trash effects thats what i wanted to say. Its all based on buyers opinion, my opinion massed flies are worst effect ever but maybe someone love massed flies.  xD  

20 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

^^^^ This. People realized that others are clinging onto past perceptions when gen levels determined an unusual's sell-ability LMAO. In addition, those effects are far from rare and you'll find that they are quite abundant. PE and GE I would argue still sell better than the other mentioned one's but most are grossly overpriced and outdated. This will be a noticeable trend from now on as more effects are introduced to the game. Its all about adjusting to the market so don't ever let old dogos fool you into thinking Massed Flies is gen 1 therefore issa gud deal amirite? 

21 minutes ago, flirganovski said:

Yeah Old Halloweens are best now but PE, GE etc. are always better than some trash effects thats what i wanted to say. Its all based on buyers opinion, my opinion massed flies are worst effect ever but maybe someone love massed flies.  xD  

Well, i mean you said "High tier effects like: Nebula, PE, GE, Sunbeams, Burning Flames etc. are more desirable", however in most cases effects like Disco Beat Down, Blizzardy Storm, Stormy Storm etc. will sell better, than the 4 High Tier effects (excluding Nebula). Especially in cases where those Mid Tier effects are on Miscs.

4 minutes ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Massed Flies is gen 1

I highly doubt there is anyone who would believe that anymore lol. Massed Flies will only sell to collectors or ppl who like the effect, otherwise it will never sell.

3 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, i mean you said "High tier effects like: Nebula, PE, GE, Sunbeams, Burning Flames etc. are more desirable", however in most cases effects like Disco Beat Down, Blizzardy Storm, Stormy Storm etc. will sell better, than the 4 High Tier effect (excluding Nebula). Especially in cases where those Mid Tier effects are on Miscs.

Miami Nights is also desirable, burning flames is overpriced many people said that, sunbeams i must agree can be pain in the ass for trade nowdays. Like i said many of you here have more experience and i love to learn from you.   :) 

From what I've seen and heard, the hats that sell best and for the most profit are low-tier hats with high-tier effects. That would be, I dunno, a Demonflame Ye Oiled Baker's Boy. It's a) a Scout hat which is always easier to sell than a Heavy or Pyro hat, b) a low-tier hat with a high-tier effect, and c) an old Halloween effect. That's the Trinity of easy sells. 

If you're new to trading, be wary around the most recent set of effects and hats. People mark them way too high in an effort to make the most out of it being unpriced. I.e., someone recently sold their Green Energy Law (435k) for a Scorching Flames Climbing Commander (no more than 120k imo.) But the old Halloween effects like Hellfire and Harvest Moon are really, really solid. 

If you really want to buy some good quicksales, I usually buy off Marketplace.tf if I have the Cash, or keys to sell for credit. I always find some crazy scores over there. Recently this week, I bought two unusuals, with one nearly 2 keys under highest buy order, and one 7 keys, which is also strange and has nearly 6 keys in desirable Sniper-related parts. You really can't find these type of deals on the regular market since I doubt people would sell under buy order for pure, instead of straight up cash. Just be careful to check the history of the hats before purchasing as you don't want to come across scammed/fenced goods.

7 hours ago, Anteater Supreme said:

If you really want to buy some good quicksales, I usually buy off Marketplace.tf if I have the Cash, or keys to sell for credit. I always find some crazy scores over there. Recently this week, I bought two unusuals, with one nearly 2 keys under highest buy order, and one 7 keys, which is also strange and has nearly 6 keys in desirable Sniper-related parts. You really can't find these type of deals on the regular market since I doubt people would sell under buy order for pure, instead of straight up cash. Just be careful to check the history of the hats before purchasing as you don't want to come across scammed/fenced goods.

Where do you find these

11 hours ago, soz said:

Where do you find these

My tip would be to go to Newly Listed under Browse on the website, and search for unusuals. The Deals section aren't really that good imo since majority of the hats I see there are usually keys above buy order when converted. The best people to look for are collectors usually since they want to get rid of their items quick. So far, it's been going really well and I have no plans of buying quicksales with keys since it is not worth it for me since there are just way too much competition with keys ready or I can always find stuff under multiple buy orders. 

20 minutes ago, Anteater Supreme said:

My tip would be to go to Newly Listed under Browse on the website, and search for unusuals. The Deals section aren't really that good imo since majority of the hats I see there are usually keys above buy order when converted. The best people to look for are collectors usually since they want to get rid of their items quick. So far, it's been going really well and I have no plans of buying quicksales with keys since it is not worth it for me since there are just way too much competition with keys ready or I can always find stuff under multiple buy orders. 

How long do you do it? All I find is stuff 1.5x bp price

36 minutes ago, soz said:

How long do you do it? All I find is stuff 1.5x bp price

To me, I only spend a couple of minutes browsing what has been added recently multiple times each day. It's really all down on timing and patience when it comes to finding those sweet deals. Just don't expect to find under buy order easy to sell unusuals everyday since it can be some time before you find a great one and you'll be fine.

Archived