New Way For Scammers To Fool You?

baloney

So today I got online and this guy (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198347197041) with a bunch of hours on his account adds me. I feel he is trustable cuz he does have over a thousand hours in TF2 but before I accept, I do some more digging and see that he has a whopping 900 hours in the past 2 weeks. That isn't even physically possible because 2 weeks only has 336 hours. How is he able to manipulate his hours?

just because someone has a high amount of time on a game or even is a high level on steam(even level 500) does not mean they can be trusted.

well the actual first rule on the internet is to not trust someone or anyone so easily unless they are a popular or well known person.i have personally met a level 500 on steam+huge amount of time in csgo+dota 2 and is a scammer.didnt get scammed because he used an old ass scam method

As mentioned on reddit;

He obviously overclocked so he can get more hours out of his system

If you are judging how trustworthy someone is from hours played on 3 ftp games, your next thread will be "Just got scammed..."

So do as  Dad (I cant say it..) ALEX said + check if Private inventory, bp.tf, steam level.. (or not :)

1 hour ago, baloney said:

this guy (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198347197041)   ..... I do some more digging

Everything about this guy says scammer IMO

3 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

...unless they are a popular or well known person

You mean like someone with a top 20 backpack, 50+ trust thats brokered 100s of unusuals :rolleyes:

Just now, LeROY said:

You mean like someone with a top 20 backpack, 50+ trust thats brokered 100s of unusuals :rolleyes:

well that is the definition of someone that is trusted and well known but even then,we simply cannot predict the future of what could happen.i know who you're talking about...

1 hour ago, Daddy Alex said:

900 hours is for 3 games: click on  his All Recently Played link.

Definitely not new: 3-years old Reddit discussion.

And yes, scammers do love idling, especially Paypal scammers. Looking at Achievements/Stats is enough to see the fake.

Finally, copy-pasting Steam Profile URL into https://rep.tf should've been the first thing to do.

You can unlock most achievements without playing the game either. SAM works, unless they're locked

4 minutes ago, BlastFM said:

You can unlock most achievements without playing the game either. SAM works, unless they're locked

I'm not suire what you're trying to say because that was exactly my point: all unlocked achivements on these accounts are usually unlocked in one day.

Looks like someone has found a different use for SCF. Interesting they would use steam card farmer to make an account look established rather than farm cards... Identical hours on two games is a sure give away something is not right,

3 hours ago, Daddy Alex said:

I'm not suire what you're trying to say because that was exactly my point: all unlocked achivements on these accounts are usually unlocked in one day.

Ah. I didnt bother clicking. Kinda assumed he had no achievements at all

Thats just a hourboost script, im doing same on one of my accounts https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960281989 . Steam api allows to run up to 33 games simultaneously, the hours will be summed up and as you can see you can even obtain 9000+ hours each 2 week, having high hours amount is meaningless and u shouldnt pay attention to it or take it as a sign of trustworthy , anyone can run this by his own or there are even sites that sells you hourboosting. Dont get fooled my friend :P 

Archived