Hidden buy orders on scm

R3SP4WN

So apparently this is a thing. And it’s fucked me over like three times lol. Separate from the standard buy orders, there seems to be a bunch of bots, insta loaded with a script, where once a certain effect of a hat is listed, it insta grabs it. Ex. I reached a trade agreement for 80$ on a 1 of 1 misc whirly warrior stare beyond unusual, and it was stolen right under me. Today, I was negotiating for another deal,  added a fat 100$ of cash just for the trade, and ended up having the unusual insta bought again. I’m pretty fucking pissed. Anyone know who runs this stuff, and how I can get one of these bots of my own? Seems like total bs. Lemme guys know what you think though.

some bots

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198351510076

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198309124459

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242141626

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242141626

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198339532649

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198317315947

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145318922

im sure using bots is against SSA, but they've been there for so long

"You may not use Cheats, automation software (bots), mods, hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software, to modify or automate any Subscription Marketplace process."

11 hours ago, R3SP4WN said:

So apparently this is a thing. And it’s fucked me over like three times lol. Separate from the standard buy orders, there seems to be a bunch of bots, insta loaded with a script, where once a certain effect of a hat is listed, it insta grabs it.

Not necessarily!

There is a delay from the time you sell/confirm till it shows up on SCM, this can be a few seconds to several minutes.

If you search for "stare from beyond", the Whirly will show in results even before being actually visible on page. From there its just spamming F5 till it shows.

I have probably bought 100s of items like this(2-3 unusuals), and even more times lost to others doing the same.

(This is only if item is listed over existing buy-orders)

11 hours ago, R3SP4WN said:

..I reached a trade agreement for 80$ on a 1..

Agreement by definition is "..made between two or more..".  Im sure its called something else if done alone..  😯 👉🌞

this is somewhat normal what volvo would do.they would try to rip you off.after all,they've put in several features to help scammers after 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, Ninjah said:

You can probably still find it on backpack premium

Sadly the hat has been bought by someone with a private backpack, so I have to assume they are either a scammer or don’t want the history to be traded to the person operating these bots.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:37 AM, Daddy Alex said:

Ask the seller to check who was the buyer in SCM trade history?

I’ve tried this, but it seems you only get the steam name and cannot actually track them effectively.

20 hours ago, LeROY said:

Not necessarily!

There is a delay from the time you sell/confirm till it shows up on SCM, this can be a few seconds to several minutes.

If you search for "stare from beyond", the Whirly will show in results even before being actually visible on page. From there its just spamming F5 till it shows.

I have probably bought 100s of items like this(2-3 unusuals), and even more times lost to others doing the same.

(This is only if item is listed over existing buy-orders)

Agreement by definition is "..made between two or more..".  Im sure its called something else if done alone..  😯 👉🌞

I was refreshing the page of the whirly every two seconds or so, I didn’t realize you had to search by effect. Doesn’t seem worth the trouble anyway though, if the success rate of your method can’t even break even. What do you mean by that agreement thing at the end there?

As for the Whirly warrior trade, it seems to have gone directly to someone named narcifiend, who then resold it for like 130 keys. He hasn’t accepted my add since the whirly was sold a month or two ago. As for the hat I wanted today, the history still remains unclear.

1 hour ago, R3SP4WN said:

What do you mean by that agreement thing at the end there?

I was happy to leave it at that but...

On 2/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, R3SP4WN said:

I reached a trade agreement for 80$

This poorly written sentence seems to speak more truth than you intended. I dont see this as an agreement between 2 capable/competent/experienced traders ..or at least not one I'd make

1 hour ago, R3SP4WN said:

...resold it for like 130 keys (=$240-300)

..this pretty much confirming what I said.

Asking "How" this could happen is fine but you are making yourself the victim in a scenario you were the predator, and presenting it as you got "fucked" and it was "stolen" from you is IMO in poor taste. 

I realize any half intelligent person can/would easily shut me down with "deal involved XX keys in addition to.." of course, but I still find the argument valid.

That being said; Its just my perception of incident based on whats presented and not meant as animosity in any way

1 hour ago, LeROY said:

I was happy to leave it at that but...

This poorly written sentence seems to speak more truth than you intended. I dont see this as an agreement between 2 capable/competent/experienced traders ..or at least not one I'd make

..this pretty much confirming what I said.

Asking "How" this could happen is fine but you are making yourself the victim in a scenario you were the predator, and presenting it as you got "fucked" and it was "stolen" from you is IMO in poor taste. 

I realize any half intelligent person can/would easily shut me down with "deal involved XX keys in addition to.." of course, but I still find the argument valid.

That being said; Its just my perception of incident based on whats presented and not meant as animosity in any way

How was I the predator? The current price, which is at like 60 keys, was based on what the owner payed previously. He wasn’t playing tf2 anymore, and preferred the funds, and I made an offer he was happy with. If you wouldn’t have taken the deal, congrats! Perhaps you are more trade savvy than the other guy. We had reached a trade agreement, but the deal we had negotiated on, was essentially stolen from me. The sale for 130 keys or so was with sniffer, a good friend of mine. I assure you, no trader with simple profit in mind would pay nearly as much. I can’t tell if you dislike making profit of any sort, or if you simply have a disliking for me, but if you don’t want to appear with animosity, perhaps consider replying in a more polite and relaxed fashion. I was simply wondering what you meant by your comment.

Archived