How to create a good unusual price suggestion.

jjjon123

Median is the most accurate way to know what the market is willing to pay in those situations.  When there are 5-6 of one type being posted and the buyers, as a group, are only offering X then they are signaling what they believe the hat is worth.  Also, few to no pure offers.  The sellers only want upgrades to there hat in many cases or pure.  Both are Take your argument up with those that accepted those suggestions.

Just because one person paid a certain price once doesn't mean that buyers would pay that all the time.  Regardless, if the hat is worth the higher number than it will go to those willing to compete against other buyers for it.  That's called demand.

Part of the problem is that, unlike real market, there is no pressure to sell.  Expenses force businesses to take losses.

Wrong.

Median is the middle of:

Crapass lowballs

Less crappy but still lowballs

Offers the owner will juggle with the other decent offers

Median becomes less crappy lowballs.

Heck, lets set every low end to median!

Buds at 18-22 keys anyone?

Wrong.

Median is the middle of:

Crapass lowballs

Less crappy but still lowballs

Offers the owner will juggle with the other decent offers

Median becomes less crappy lowballs.

Heck, lets set every low end to median!

Buds at 18-22 keys anyone?

In the situation I was showing, there were multiple hats of same kind for sale (5 I think).  Some for awhile.  I accumulated all the offers and there wasn't many.  If there had been one for sale, that's different, but in that case it shows a complete lack of interest in the hat.  To say that the highest offer is the valid value of the hat was laughable.  None of the sellers were going to get that amount.  Also, I showed that in one case there was a great offer but that is one, an old offer, and most were not close and only one pure offer which was below high end.  If buyers felt they wanted the hat they would have offered closer to high number or there would have been more pure offers.  Most offers seemed like people trying to move up from their hat. 

I also understand juggling offers and that would not work here as sellers have no offers that they would place in C/O.  I did that when selling my last unusual to quickbuyers.  Eventually got them to offer 3 - 4 key more than original.  Although I found a full price buyer just before I sold to them.

One last point, the eventual accepted suggestion was below my high end and used most of the same proof.

• 2 weeks later...

I still believe my method is more appropriate then the conventional method. It shows the demand in the market place for a given unusual. Until we can actually witness transactions or get closed transactions in the search. This is the better way to gauge demand price where there are many of a particular unusual for sale.

• 1 month later...

It would be better to remove posts 19 onward and add to a more appropriate thread.  This part of the thread doesn't belong in the guide.

• 1 month later...

|The community just loves to watch unusual prices plummet.

Is that wrong of me? :3

I honestly do. I can't afford much on TF2. I mainly rely on luck with trades and such. Sometimes I am lucky, sometimes I'm not.

• 4 weeks later...

• ! Remember, Always put a RANGE for an unusual, not just a flat value. Backpack.tf prices are not to be used as strict guidelines but as general ranges showing what an unusual is worth. (Note: A flat value may be used in some extreme cases, like for a 1of1 hat or an extremely rare and expensive unusual. Sometimes in those cases, only the sale price can indicate what it is worth since other offers may only be obviously low offers (or "lowballs). )

This is misleading and hard to understand. Even if the hat is 1 of 1, it could have been traded more than once, and a range should be set. Also, the hat could not be 1 of 1 but only have one sale. Then no range is needed.

One question, if a unusual was sold off for a somewhat lowish price but it probably would drop to that price in the near future however, currently due to the hype the current trade has been recieving (ridiculous) high offers is it still okay to price it at that one since sale?  1 of 1 hat, one sale only

I got my answer Thanks peeps :)

• 5 weeks later...

If I'm trying to do a suggestion which has a many months old range of 20-23 keys, am I allowed to bump it to 21-22 keys (price of bud) with proof?

Am I allowed to bump outdated unusuals using the same range with new proof?

If I'm trying to do a suggestion which has a many months old range of 20-23 keys, am I allowed to bump it to 21-22 keys (price of bud) with proof?

Am I allowed to bump outdated unusuals using the same range with new proof?

Yes. Anything over 2 month old needs an update. If you've got proof, you can set the range to whatever that proof supports. If the current price is 2.5-3 you can make it 2.5-3 if that price is still accurate

Would you calculate overpay on promos like-big kill, bmoc, bills, Max's?

big kill/bmoc yes as neither are really promos (although there are a lot of quickbuyers for bmocs, so you should make sure the op is highest quickbuy prices at the lowest). 

Bills are for now still a promo, and maxs are a promo. (I wouldn't apply an overpay on either). 

big kill/bmoc yes as neither are really promos (although there are a lot of quickbuyers for bmocs, so you should make sure the op is highest quickbuy prices at the lowest). 

Bills are for now still a promo, and maxs are a promo. (I wouldn't apply an overpay on either).

How about mixed? Do you just apply overpay on everything or only on the non-currency/promos?

How about mixed? Do you just apply overpay on everything or only on the non-currency/promos?

non-currencies. Although, do keep in mind, that there really is no one way to calculate an overpay.

I.e. if i was selling a Team Captain i'd expect less of an overpay if the buyer was paying in craft hats vs. stranges with strange parts. 

Not really the correct topic I guess. Just look for sales on the staff. If there are none, don't use it as proof. Do not use bp.tf pricing for it

I submitted my suggestion a few hours ago as I had other sales and I definitely don't trust bp.tf on this, it should be in the bud ranges. I guessed this would be an alright place to post this as I just wanted to see what people take low crafts at in unusual suggestions.

Archived