How to fix keys

Excentric

Keys are at around 45, and keep rising, and the abundant bots are to blame, constantly selling for higher and buying for a bit less, and the regular user's listings get less attention as they are not (Fast Accept) Or (Type  in !buy Etc) These bots and high sellers keep selling for higher and higher, causing buy orders to rise as well, by march, i  predict keys will be at almost 50. I remember when keys were around 20 ref, it is getting hard to get a key a start a journey of high tier trading, so more and more traders stay in low-tier trading as keys keep rising and so do overpriced unusuals. this is a post about me venting, and i'm probably not correct in most areas, but this is my point of vieww😃

keys don't need to be fixed, and it really doesn't have anything to do with bots.  the problem is metal, there's no good use for metal (i.e. no effective metal sink).  there are so many threads about this, starting a new one is pointless

Add another golden wrench hunt. Keys gonna drop through the floor within hours. But its valve so they wont give a dimmadamn shit

3 hours ago, Logan said:

I remember when keys were around 20 ref

*almost falls out of rocking chair, waves cane furiously*

You remember keys at 20 refined, do ya?  Well, listen here, sonny.  Back in my day, keys were 2.11 refined and Gaben could still count to 3!

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Keys are at around 45, and keep rising, and the abundant bots are to blame

Ref is obtained thru free item drop in game, key costs real money and have actual value. Metal is community prefered option to break a key into smaller parts based on hat crafting, like Buds, Bill's, Max's have been used to consolidate. 45 ref can buy you a key today but do not rise nor drop in value. As far as I know they have always been priced the same $2.49. Foreign currency can fluctuate with exchange rates, and $ will impact each differently with goal always being $2.49 per Key.

If you sell Copper and need 2 lbs to get a dollar today, but 3 lbs next week; It doesnt mean you have less to spend on your trip to Canada/Mexico.. or that the dollar is less worth. The METAL value has changed!

3 hours ago, Logan said:

constantly selling for higher and buying for a bit less

This would(if anything) mean you, me, anyone can affect market at any time. That is right and reason you need 45 ref today.

Buy 1000 keys and after selling to all buy-orders over 43 ref, list rest of keys for 42 ref each. Now just keep listing for less ref as bots/others follow.You think that wont have a big impact on market?

Even if you crash the market by creating enough chaos, everything will revert to "normal" as soon as you run out of keys.

-metal is still being poured into game

-supply and demand remains the same

-nothing has really changed

As long as there are buyers and sellers at any given price it can not be wrong.

Can we like get mods to make and sticky a post telling people to stop making these bs "fix de economy keys are expensive i can't buy one with my  2 scrap eggs dee" threads? Maybe also explain the ref => metal pricing and that it's only high because of ref being valued less and less to people like the OP who have no idea how shit works here? I'm tired of these posts

4 hours ago, 3.50 said:

You remember keys at 20 refined, do ya?  Well, listen here, sonny.  Back in my day, keys were 2.11 refined and Gaben could still count to 3!

Comedy gold

4 hours ago, 3.50 said:

To add on to this point, people have been making the same complaints about "its harder and harder to get into high tier trading" since keys started to rise way back then. 

Additionally, it seems the price of low tier unusuals has also fallen. I wasn't huge on trading back then, but I think the average cancer unusual was ~10-12 keys, but now adays you can get shitty unusuals for 7-8 easy*. Craft hats have also gone up, from trading at 1.22-1.33 (with quick buyers at 1 ref) to 1.44-1.55 (with quick buyers at 1-1.33). 

*edit to add unusual taunts, which seem to start at around 4 keys

Imagine what would happen if the United States printed enough money to get out of debt. Obviously, that wouldn't work. You would see the price of items "rise", but that isn't what's actually happening. The dollar is weakened because there is now much more circulating in the economy. Ref is essentially a fiat currency like the USD, and keys act as the gold.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, spikehiyashi6 said:

Make mvm tickets Craftable somehow... maybe? LOL like valve would do that

I mean, that doesn't make ref worth more.

It just makes the tickets worth less.

Archived