I'm like the Robin Hood

soz

They do add a lot to the economy

If you want to trade that sort of items, don't try beating them, they're too fast

Again, a good mantra:

If you can't beat them, join them

Am guilty of this but hey running a bot takes a lot of devotion, time and initial start up 

7 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You single handedly brought that item down 2.5 keys

Congrats

A similar situation happened with the Haunted Medimedes around Christmas-New year, I had to was trying to sell for under bots' prices (because who would want to buy an exact same item for more/the same amount of money and without an automated trade); except then the bots kept lowering their prices to match mine/beat me by a very thin margin

So naturally I lowered mine, not really caring whether my item would sell anyway

And everytime they would update to beat me; and everytime I would have to lower again

And in the end the selling prices went from ~7.4 keys to around 6 keys, and even buying prices went down

It was pretty fun, but also pretty weird

16 minutes ago, Xaeriel said:

A similar situation happened with the Haunted Medimedes around Christmas-New year, I had to was trying to sell for under bots' prices (because who would want to buy an exact same item for more/the same amount of money and without an automated trade); except then the bots kept lowering their prices to match mine/beat me by a very thin margin

So naturally I lowered mine, not really caring whether my item would sell anyway

And everytime they would update to beat me; and everytime I would have to lower again

And in the end the selling prices went from ~7.4 keys to around 6 keys, and even buying prices went down

It was pretty fun, but also pretty weird

Yea stuff like that happens

If i see that happening when i'm trying to sell my item i usually try to sell it for around buyers prices on trade servers or just to the buyers while they are still relatively high

Meh. Backpack.tf is shit nowadays. If you are not experienced enough in coding, just forget about it. There are many other trading places (and other games, btw. European servers are half-empy most of the time, so I don't think that tf2 is the best choise for investment in 2k19). Use bp.tf as backup, with that tight margins (or you can move orders, as shown above) you can buy something and then sell back without loss.

Also that's good for normal players, who just looking for shiny things: you can be a scout main today and spy tomorrow, by "renting" australiums for couple of refs😋

:blink: x2

Well, bp.tf is the "community trading site", if I'm not wrong. So where is that, if 3 - 5 people had taken full control over the market? You are unable to sell anything, as shown above. I guess this constant undercutting is not only for being on top all of the time, but also to demoralise rivals, and force them to flush down their things and get out here (or may be those morons just haven't figured out yet how to make upper/lower range, idk lol).

Since that's not against the rules (for some reason), idk where I'm wrong when I say the site turned into shit. I'm not complaining about some shops/exchangers, that belonging to some person(s), and they establish prices and everything. But when some "free market" being captured by couple of programmers (I got to hand it to them, they are cool at their job), and another "community" who are not expireinced in coding enough, and have to use those weak rental bots, or especially an innocent bystanders, who just trying to sell their stuff to buy something else, got no single chance to make a deal.

PS

if the site allow agressive undercutting, why there is no ready-made solution in API to get to the top buyer/seller. 

Archived