Can we stop trying to make keys currency again

Random Coffee Table

Well I've made my self hated, what do you think?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try to make buds a currency again

• Yes, they will go back to being worth about 20 keys
    • Yes, but they won't have the same value
    • No, their price should remain static
    • No, they can fluctuate in price more than what you said, but they won't be a viable currency.

I'm mostly saying this as a newer trader, and wasn't around when buds crashed the first time, but I've noticed a fairly common pattern with them especially lately. Buds, in my opinion, should only be worth 2.5-3 ish keys at any given time, any time they go above that, it becomes a bubble, again. When buds initially crashed, it was because everyone thought that they were going crash and sold them like crazy, actually causing them to crash. Now, it seems whenever people see earbuds starting to rise in value, they will jump on the bandwagon again and start buying them again, almost praying that they will continue to rise and they can sell them. The market then becomes flooded with people trying to sell them and the price crashes again. 

This literally just happened in November-December when it went up to 4-5 keys, before promptly falling back to 2.4. And now it is happening again, people see the price rising, and jump on it to sell them for slightly more, the current price suggestion came 4 days after the most recent one, which, in my opinion, should not happen, it doesn't give them time to settle. All we are doing is creating a bubble as we try to make it a currency again. It hasn't risen in price for many years, and I doubt it will ever reach the same heights that it once was, or even get somewhat close to it.

I'm not saying I dislike earbuds, I'd definetly get them for a set if they are around 2.5 ish keys, and I think they look really good, but they aren't going to be a currency again. It is pointless to keep trying to inflate the constantly to bring them back. They won't, the first crash will stay in people's mind for probably the rest of this games economy. Their price can fluctuate, but trying to inflate it to be a currency again is just pointless. 

There is no reason for them to be a currency when they're only worth 2-3 keys anyway. It would on the other hand make sense if they were worth 20 keys, but they're simply not worth that much anymore.

wow you really think is you to decide about it? market is always right and is market decide which items is currency

also backpack tf stop using it because in 2015 was crashing below 10 keys and make too much volatility in unusuals market so no sense to make it currency again

i like buds unusuals trading time was fun and useful for trading high value items like 5 buds instead 100 keys but was a issue for market because when earbuds moving down every unusuals going down and when buds going up everything going up

if you are fed up with how much a key is in refined metal,just use normal money and buy keys.its best to buy them on marketplace.tf since its much cheaper.why are we always seeing this kind of post weekly?

Buds (and Bills) only became a currency because we used to only be able to trade 8 items at a time. That era is long gone, and so are their days as a currency.

edit:new reply with that poll. i would not vote for buds to be currency again.too many exists and little in demand.the next expensive currency IMO would be max's head.

However these days most traders take these kind of items as pure especially TODS,bills hat and other good items thats easy to sell

Archived