I got blocked for adding someone

Bulletz4

While i was on backpack.tf i found some guy selling the Taunt mannrobics for a 2 ref discount, and since he hasnt linked his steam trade offer URL, i added him, i waited a full day for him to go online, and when he did, instead of accepting my friend request he blocked me. I did report the guy but i doubt hes going to be banned. Is there anything else i can do??

I think "The seller is refusing to sell this item at offered price." report would be enough for this case.

Buy from another seller. 2 ref is not that much. If you are not agree with that, you can send me an offer for 2 ref, I can gift it to you.

I know it stupid to have an "add friend" installed instead of trade offer and not expect random adds, but perhaps he wanted you to comment before adding so he knows you're not some random twat. 

2 hours ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

I know it stupid to have an "add friend" installed instead of trade offer and not expect random adds, but perhaps he wanted you to comment before adding so he knows you're not some random twat. 

2 hours ago, Neo_ said:

Comment before adding

1 hour ago, Knightfury69 said:

Comments are *VERY* important

He had comments set to friends only, which made it even worse

I actually advise/warn people NOT to comment anymore after incidents of impersonators monitoring my profile and adding commenter to scam them.

6 hours ago, Bulletz4 said:

instead of accepting my friend request he blocked me

How long was it listed when you added? was he online then? Did you update his pack before adding? How do you know he blocked you? Did he still have the item when he "blocked"*  you? Where did you report him?

He might have sold, or pack is not updated, and he doesnt want to spend an hour saying "sold" to everyone.

Why would you wish anyone to get banned for this? Its a stupid thing to do, if guilty, but banning doesnt do anyone any good.

*I say "blocked" because I believe theres a cool-down period for re-adding same person after declined, not sure though.

7 hours ago, diamondjozu(storage alt) said:

i think he meant 2 keys than refs so yeah..feelsbadman

Err, problem. Mannrobics is only ~40 ref rn (?). So how would he sell it for -1.9 keys? :P

3 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

Err, problem. Mannrobics is only ~40 ref rn (?). So how would he sell it for -1.9 keys? :P

He said 2 ref DISCOUNT
so dude is selling it for 2 ref less than bots or whoever else

And I absolutely hate when anyone sets it to add me to make an offer on anything that's less than a few keys

It's a waste of time and nothing more

8 hours ago, Alecto said:

He said 2 ref DISCOUNT
so dude is selling it for 2 ref less than bots or whoever else

And I absolutely hate when anyone sets it to add me to make an offer on anything that's less than a few keys

It's a waste of time and nothing more

Hehe, I was referring to jozu, he thought that he actually meant 2 keys discount instead of 2 refs. 

Archived