Spelled Dupe

Pineapple Pizza

So I recently bought a double-spelled Misty Skull Gentleman's Gatsby with Chromatic and Headless. Paid like 65 in items for it; I'm happy with that price, it's a dream unusual of mine, trade was smooth, no complaints. I did notice after the fact that it was duped (which is my bad, not the seller's). Does a dupe carry the same stigma if it's been modified after the fact? Two matching god-tier spells add a bit of value to a hat and make it a whole different thing from the same hat without spells. If I were to resell it, would I be justified in not discounting for the dupe?

Also, why is Chromatic considered a step down from Spectral? Is it because Spectral is team-colored?

It's your choice if you want to discount it or no. If someone wants to keep that hat you can sell it for more than a clean one without spells.

30 minutes ago, RafasDR said:

You're good. Don't stress over the little red text

Imo chromatic goes better with headless than spectral

Thanks.

That's exactly my thing with chromatic. It looks so good with headless. 

Matching spells add value to unus.. cc might not be as high as spectral but cc + hh is the best spell combo.. so yea.. it does add some value here.. and tbh.. i myself dont want to bias on duped shit.. theyre actually the same as normal ones but hey.. thats not how the market works 😕

I never understood the stigma with duped shit. If you could see something that was duped in game then sure, that's why gifted items had a stigma before you could clear the tags. But just to see if something is duped you need to check the items history so it's kinda ridiculous imo.

Asking for a discount for duped items is a buyer's bargain tool.

Some people will offer 10-15% less than clean but it depends if the buyers cares about it.

Like people said above, you can only tell if you examine the hat's history but not in-game.

As for spells, they don't add as much value to unusuals as to other cosmetics, maybe a few keys...

Archived