Just got scammed

Terradice

Some guy called evan (https://steamcommunity.com/id/IX_Aura/) traded me because he wanted to buy my Bubbling killer exclusive (30k) for his well worn Hot Festivized Killstreak Sniper Rifle and wanted me to add 10 keys, he told me it was worth 50 keys and he listed it for 50 keys which made me think it was worth 50 keys when it was actually unpriced, he also added "sweets" a strange robot kills sdney sleeper and strange robot kills scattergun and listed them at 5 keys which made me think they were both 5 keys, and now i realize that the trade was too good to be true, the stranges are 24 ref each, and everyone that i asked says its under 25k,

image.thumb.png.aff0f669981985afc1a97153f876124c.png

I'm not asking for donations, just please report him, im so angry at myself for falling for that

EDIT: I'm sorry, i should've titled this "Did i get scammed?", this is probably just a bad deal

Well on the bright side you still have something. If he used the listing at 50 and told you it was a price then yeah that's price manipulation. Report and move on. Sucks when this happens, but youve got something rather than nothing to get back on your feet with.

Just now, Ninjah said:

Well on the bright side you still have something. If he used the listing at 50 and told you it was a price then yeah that's price manipulation. Report and move on. Sucks when this happens, but youve got something rather than nothing to get back on your feet with.

I think the word i should've used is "sharked"

10 minutes ago, Terradice said:

I think the word i should've used is "sharked"

yeah, if you have logs of him directly lying about it then you could defo get a neg rep that sticks and possibly get him banned.

Just now, Ninjah said:

yeah, if you have logs of him directly lying about it then you could defo get a neg rep that sticks and possibly get him banned.

unfortunately all the chats were in the trade window and i closed it before i realized i got sharked

1 minute ago, Pineapple Pizza said:

Still doesn't say what the paint is. 

"Unusual Festivized Killstreak Totally Boned Sniper Rifle (Well-Worn) "

You could say i am, totally boned *SKADUSH*

That was a nice trade

Unusual Sans sniper(very edgy and cool to flex taunting)>Bubbling all class fedora.

idk if it's just me, but i see a very nice trade on your side. it would been an awesome trade if the keys and stranges didn't got there, btw, still a nice trade.

Just now, AnthonyWafflesS said:

That was a nice trade

Unusual Sans sniper(very edgy and cool to flex taunting)>Bubbling all class fedora.

idk if it's just me, but i see a very nice trade on your side. it would been an awesome trade if the keys and stranges didn't got there, btw, still a nice trade.

I know i got ripped off, but im kind of satisfied with the trade? probably just me trying to justify it

9 minutes ago, Terradice said:

"Unusual Festivized Killstreak Totally Boned Sniper Rifle (Well-Worn) "

You could say i am, totally boned *SKADUSH*

I wouldn't have reported him for scamming or sharking. He probably thought it was worth 50 keys. I see no reason you couldn't sell it for an easy 30-40 pure. In fact, if I wasn't saving my pure for something else, I would buy it from you for that. You made a key profit bare minimum, with those stranges, probably more like 10k if you trade the rifle wisely. 

Be careful assuming that the seller is a scammer. It's better to make friends in the long run. He offered you a solid trade, and if you don't like the deal, it was on you to research it, not on him to tell you what the lowest sell price was. 

3 minutes ago, Pineapple Pizza said:

I wouldn't have reported him for scamming or sharking. He probably thought it was worth 50 keys. I see no reason you couldn't sell it for an easy 30-40 pure. In fact, if I wasn't saving my pure for something else, I would buy it from you for that. You made a key profit bare minimum, with those stranges, probably more like 10k if you trade the rifle wisely. 

Be careful assuming that the seller is a scammer. It's better to make friends in the long run. He offered you a solid trade, and if you don't like the deal, it was on you to research it, not on him to tell you what the lowest sell price was. 

Its well worn, i hope i could find someone to sell it to, what really made me think i got ripped off is the fact he left the server and blocked me after i accepted

5 minutes ago, Pineapple Pizza said:

That's right, not knowing the market don't make your seller a scammer, Pinneapple Pizza threw you a light, without a big research it's estimated on 30k-40k with a single look. take a note.

and the left the server and block thing... probably if you told him all this things, thats the obvious reason.

15 minutes ago, AnthonyWafflesS said:

and the left the server and block thing... probably if you told him all this things, thats the obvious reason.

He left and blocked me instantly after the trade

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Sniper+Rifle&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&particle=701

Just to give you an idea of the current bp.tf market for hot sniper rifles (various skins).

So honestly at the end of the day, not a super bad trade. I assume you have listed it on the SCM which is why I can't find it, which is also a good idea for skins.

If he had it listed for 50, it was worth 50 to him. Whether or not you agreed was on you. Skins are almost always unpriced, and there is no measure of "worth" other than looking at previous sales of similar skins. Even if there was, bp.tf is still not to be taken as 100% accurate. I think you'll be alright though. One trade will not ruin your trading life. Hopefully you profit off of the skin.

3 hours ago, Terradice said:

Its well worn, i hope i could find someone to sell it to, what really made me think i got ripped off is the fact he left the server and blocked me after i accepted

That is a little suspicious to be honest. 

I didn't actually notice until now that you added ten keys. That's not quite the deal I was thinking it was. Still really solid though. There's a guy selling a Strange FN version of the same thing for 200k. https://backpack.tf/item/7475558180

The guy has a lot of people with high backpack added. He probably got the price of 50 for them. But yeah, a really shitty trade for you imo, but he didn't scam you, or shark, or did any sort of price manipulation.

44 minutes ago, S T E W said:

If he had it listed for 50, it was worth 50 to him. Whether or not you agreed was on you. Skins are almost always unpriced, and there is no measure of "worth" other than looking at previous sales of similar skins. Even if there was, bp.tf is still not to be taken as 100% accurate. I think you'll be alright though. One trade will not ruin your trading life. Hopefully you profit off of the skin.

You are confusing worth with value.. or thinking theyre the same; Theyre Not!

Worth: What expected, calculated price will be or whatever the item sells for that day, think new 2019 model car/tv.. or stolen bike at police auction(Dont know the english word for it)

Value: Is worth + what you see or put in the item; like memories, comfort, feelings. What it would take for you to part with it.

1.  "Id rather keep it than sell for less then 20 even if though its worth 10"

2.  "Its worth 20, add something"

Not the same at all...

2 minutes ago, OreoRabbit ScrapToUnusual said:

but he didn't scam you, or shark, or did any sort of price manipulation.

Absolutely no doubt this counts as a scam.

He misrepresented item value(lied) to get more than its worth. How is that not a scam! He would never have gotten that without  lying about the price

Just now, LeROY said:

Absolutely no doubt this counts as a scam.

He misrepresented item value(lied) to get more than its worth. How is that not a scam! He would never have gotten that without  lying about the price

So anyone who names their own price on an unpriced item is a scammer. Alrighty then

1 minute ago, Mokky said:

So anyone who names their own price on an unpriced item is a scammer. Alrighty then

Think you quoted wrong guy cause I didnt say anything close to that..

Nvm... Thats Straw Man fallacy and I almost fell for it.. again

Archived