Suspicious Trade Deal

Anhydrous

Howdy everyone, 

In a trade offer for a high priced item of mine in exchange for some really valuable items, a Aussie Black Box for a Max's Head and Holy Grail kick. This seemed odd from the start, but what really seemed odd was he wanted to make sure my items weren't duped by contacting a steam official with a strange looking user page. 

Here is the alleged steam official: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Tevanyawa11112/ 

This entire thing is really odd, and given how much an Ozzie Black Box is worth I could see people wanting to scam / be shady to get it. I've had a gut feeling to scrub the trade and just wait for a new buyer. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Anhydrous said:

That's what tipped me off for one, funnily enough. Is there some place I should report these two accounts too?

Steamrep

If steam chat can't be reaccessed after it's closed then I don't think I can report them sadly. I think one of them deleted their account though, I think. 

4 hours ago, Mrs TS said:

They cant delete their account. They might have changed their name, but that account is there forever.

You can delete a steamcommunity  account via a support request.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpDeleteAccountRequest

Deleting your account will remove your account from steam and will be archived in case you ever wish to recover it via steam support. You won't be able to fetch the profile after a deletion even with a steam64 url. On another note: if a valve employee bans you, your steam account is terminated from the steam community and will just be numbers if you load it via a steam64 ID.

The more you know.

11 hours ago, Rainy Day said:

You can delete a steamcommunity  account via a support request.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpDeleteAccountRequest

Deleting your account will remove your account from steam and will be archived in case you ever wish to recover it via steam support. You won't be able to fetch the profile after a deletion even with a steam64 url. On another note: if a valve employee bans you, your steam account is terminated from the steam community and will just be numbers if you load it via a steam64 ID.

The more you know.

He said it was most likely deleted. This was a time span of half an hour, which is not possible for Steam to act on anything in that short span of time. The person was no longer showing up because he was identified by a custom ID, which he obviously changed. Had the OP posted the actual Steam ID, he would have found him in a split second....and Im sure he didnt delete his account.

Archived